TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Re: Forum Rules

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by SwedishAdvocate, Mar 12, 2014.

1. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

Right now there isn’t anything about politics or religion in the forum rules…

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

#2 Doug_G, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    The moderators have found that whenever politics or religion pop up in a thread it very quickly devolves into name-calling.

My approach is to leave it be (unless already egregiously snippy) and keep an eye on it until the name-calling starts. Usually it just takes 2-3 posts.

On one occasion it ran to a couple of pages before the nastiness started. When I moved the offending posts to snippiness and requested that people stop misbehaving, they continued misbehaving anyway. So at that point I had no choice but to excise the entire discussion. This is unfortunate, but apparently people just can't help themselves.

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Actually, there is. The Forum Rules link directly right after the intro to detailed Terms of Service where it is stated:

4. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

Ok. I stand corrected…

5. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Thank you Mods!
    It's not easy to exercise continuous unbiased and objective restraint in good decision/action. We simply have an awesome team of Mods.

6. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

agree!

7. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

"Arriving from a church event to meet us for dinner, his wife would not stop ranting about Christie, New Jersey and some electric car drama. Really killed the mood we had going at Chateau Romantique."