Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"ready for pickup" on App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to Tesla service center last Friday, and my App shows "ready for pickup" all the time after I got my car back from the service center. Contact online chat support and went to that service center again, no one can fix the problem.

Did anyone have the same issue and fixed the problem?

No, it was just a tiny paint touch up for my new model 3, the service center didn't ask me to sign anything physically or electronically

If they took the car in and created an appointment for it (there is an appointment in your app), its likely that someone needs to close the "ticket". Note, I dont work in the car industry, I work in the IT industry, but I am 100% sure that tesla uses an intake system that assigns technicans to work and documents it, just like in any sizable company there is an IT system to track inventory, and for end users to report problems and submit "work requests".

If your app still says "pick up", its likely that whoever checked you out did not close out the work order. I would start there (by asking the service center if they see a work order for your car, and if so, could they please close it out).

If they took the car in and created an appointment for it (there is an appointment in your app), its likely that someone needs to close the "ticket". Note, I dont work in the car industry, I work in the IT industry, but I am 100% sure that tesla uses an intake system that assigns technicans to work and documents it, just like in any sizable company there is an IT system to track inventory, and for end users to report problems and submit "work requests".

If your app still says "pick up", its likely that whoever checked you out did not close out the work order. I would start there (by asking the service center if they see a work order for your car, and if so, could they please close it out).

I went to the service center yesterday, they told me my work order is closed, so it must be something else, but still thank you for your reply

I went to the service center yesterday, they told me my work order is closed, so it must be something else, but still thank you for your reply

Hmm ok... well the next thing I would try if I was in your shoes would be to log out of the tesla app, reboot my phone and log back in (believe it or not, "have you turned it off and on again?") sometimes actually works lol.

I would log out of the tesla app first though.

Hmm ok... well the next thing I would try if I was in your shoes would be to log out of the tesla app, reboot my phone and log back in (believe it or not, "have you turned it off and on again?") sometimes actually works lol.

I would log out of the tesla app first though.

tried everything on my end, log out back in, delete and reinstall app, reboot the car, even update the new 2020.8.3 software during this time, guess the only option is to wait Tesla's "special team" to contact me

I just text the service centre (on the number they text me on when I dropped the car off) and they sorted it within a day.
Tesla solved the issue, they pull out my work order on their end and send a $0 invoice to me, guess last time the service center didn't charge me so somehow the system thought it's not closed