Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real life experience with Xcelerate warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like it. It's just very unfortunate that I keep having to escalate the issue for progress. But again, Brent is very good and helpful.
Hope things work out indeed

Update here.
I just got word that my estimate has been approved. I can finally move forward with the Tesla service center now.

Thanks Brent and the team. I just wish that the endurance agents could be even half as good as Brent... one can hope!

Folks,

If you’re not already aware, Xcelerate has released their HV Battery and Drive Unit coverage.

My car’s OEM warranty expires in January. I added 7 more years of coverage for my battery and DUs to my existing XCare contract for less than $1k.

Since I have the LDUs that are known for leaking, it’s totally worth it IMO.

Update here.
I just got word that my estimate has been approved. I can finally move forward with the Tesla service center now.

Thanks Brent and the team. I just wish that the endurance agents could be even half as good as Brent... one can hope!
the Endurance team is also growing rapidly, and we're working with them to improve processes and make the overall experience better. Thanks for the very kind words, and we're honored to have helped!

Reactions: Wurzig
Folks,

If you’re not already aware, Xcelerate has released their HV Battery and Drive Unit coverage.

My car’s OEM warranty expires in January. I added 7 more years of coverage for my battery and DUs to my existing XCare contract for less than $1k.

Since I have the LDUs that are known for leaking, it’s totally worth it IMO.
Where? When I go to quote them they say battery and drive unit excluded. This was today

Attachments

• IMG_0454.jpeg
    IMG_0454.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 98
Now that Xcare has launched their extended warranty with full battery&drivetrain coverage -- what have previous owners done to upgrade to the new coverage? Just trying to weigh my options since I just signed up for a plan, but now want the plan that covers battery & drivetrain.

You can see what the policy with battery and drive unit costs on their website. To add it, you have to cancel your existing contract (they give you a prorated refund), and start a new contract with another 30 day activation delay. You can't just add battery coverage to an existing contract, unfortunately.

You can see what the policy with battery and drive unit costs on their website. To add it, you have to cancel your existing contract (they give you a prorated refund), and start a new contract with another 30 day activation delay. You can't just add battery coverage to an existing contract, unfortunately.
You can buy the drivetrain and battery coverage separately as well and Brent will give you a discount.

the Endurance team is also growing rapidly, and we're working with them to improve processes and make the overall experience better. Thanks for the very kind words, and we're honored to have helped!
If I want to minimize time where there is overlap between xcare battery coverage form factory warranty, and maximize xcare time of coverage beyond the factory warranty, how long can I wait before getting xcare for 2019 model year?

Using xcare website to get quotes, a 2015 Model S does not qualify for battery coverage, but 2016 does. Is that a fixed moving timeframe or based on specifics to 2015 batteries? In other words, if I did the same exercise on xcare website in 12 months, would I find 2016 Model S no longer qualifies?

Planning to keep my car until the wheels fall off. Looking to maximize length of benefits.

Thanks in advance.

Will share my experience hoping it may help someone out there in the future.

I signed up for the Xcare 10 year plan with 49k miles on the odometer (factory warranty expires at 50k, battery and drivetrain in 2028 or 150k miles). A month later, Xcare updates their plans with battery and drivetrain for ~$900 more for the 10 year plan. I thought this would be a no brainer to upgrade.

However, at this time my car odometer reads ~50,100 miles so the 10 year prices jump by a large amount. It didn't make sense for me at the time to pay extra since my battery and drivetrain are still covered to 2028. It's likely that once my battery and drivetrain warranty expires, I get a prorated refund and buy a new plan.

If your car is under 50,000 miles and you purchased a plan recently, your best bet is to reach out to them and get a prorated refund on your existing warranty and upgrade to the new warranty which now covers battery and drivetrain. Overall, I'm still happy with the customer service. It's just unfortunate the timing between initially purchasing and them releasing the new plans had me surpass the 50k mile mark. Prices take a big jump at 50k, so play with the toggles on their website and plan accordingly.

Still 100% happy with my 10 year warranty from Xcare.

If I want to minimize time where there is overlap between xcare battery coverage form factory warranty, and maximize xcare time of coverage beyond the factory warranty, how long can I wait before getting xcare for 2019 model year?

Using xcare website to get quotes, a 2015 Model S does not qualify for battery coverage, but 2016 does. Is that a fixed moving timeframe or based on specifics to 2015 batteries? In other words, if I did the same exercise on xcare website in 12 months, would I find 2016 Model S no longer qualifies?

Planning to keep my car until the wheels fall off. Looking to maximize length of benefits.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the questions, and happy to help! On January 1st 2024 Battery and Drive Unit coverage will roll over to 2017s and newer.
Also, our pricing is based on 10k miles milestones, so if you're approaching the next 10k milestone, it may be prudent to burn a month or two of factory coverage to get in under the current miles/pricing. Our online calculator is a great tool to enter in these data points to compare pre/post milestone pricing, just be certain to adjust the miles/year slider each time you edit the info. Lastly, we have a 30 day waiting period before coverage begins, so to ensure no lapse in coverage between Tesla and XCare, be sure to book your coverage 30 days out from your factory warranty expiration. Have a great weekend, and thanks for the questions! -XCare

Will share my experience hoping it may help someone out there in the future.

I signed up for the Xcare 10 year plan with 49k miles on the odometer (factory warranty expires at 50k, battery and drivetrain in 2028 or 150k miles). A month later, Xcare updates their plans with battery and drivetrain for ~$900 more for the 10 year plan. I thought this would be a no brainer to upgrade.

However, at this time my car odometer reads ~50,100 miles so the 10 year prices jump by a large amount. It didn't make sense for me at the time to pay extra since my battery and drivetrain are still covered to 2028. It's likely that once my battery and drivetrain warranty expires, I get a prorated refund and buy a new plan.

If your car is under 50,000 miles and you purchased a plan recently, your best bet is to reach out to them and get a prorated refund on your existing warranty and upgrade to the new warranty which now covers battery and drivetrain. Overall, I'm still happy with the customer service. It's just unfortunate the timing between initially purchasing and them releasing the new plans had me surpass the 50k mile mark. Prices take a big jump at 50k, so play with the toggles on their website and plan accordingly.

Still 100% happy with my 10 year warranty from Xcare.
Glad we could help! One thing to consider, for high miles/year drivers, it is often wise to run out your XCare coverage and then buy the Battery and Drive Unit (BDU) standalone coverage (as long as you do it before 100k miles). This way you can ensure these critical components are covered even further into the future, as all BDU terms come with 150k miles of coverage from date of purchase. Cheers! -XCare

Thanks for the questions, and happy to help! On January 1st 2024 Battery and Drive Unit coverage will roll over to 2017s and newer.
Also, our pricing is based on 10k miles milestones, so if you're approaching the next 10k milestone, it may be prudent to burn a month or two of factory coverage to get in under the current miles/pricing. Our online calculator is a great tool to enter in these data points to compare pre/post milestone pricing, just be certain to adjust the miles/year slider each time you edit the info. Lastly, we have a 30 day waiting period before coverage begins, so to ensure no lapse in coverage between Tesla and XCare, be sure to book your coverage 30 days out from your factory warranty expiration. Have a great weekend, and thanks for the questions! -XCare
I have a question on why xcare doesn’t offer a warranty in my specific situation. My car is a 2015 according to the vin but it was a showroom S that wasn’t sold until June of 2016. This technicality makes the car a 2016 for battery warranty purposes. It means the Tesla warranty doesn’t expire until late June 2024. Also the vehicle has less than 10,000 total miles. I’m wondering why you wouldn’t offer a warranty in this scenario just because the vin says 2015?

I have a question on why xcare doesn’t offer a warranty in my specific situation. My car is a 2015 according to the vin but it was a showroom S that wasn’t sold until June of 2016. This technicality makes the car a 2016 for battery warranty purposes. It means the Tesla warranty doesn’t expire until late June 2024. Also the vehicle has less than 10,000 total miles. I’m wondering why you wouldn’t offer a warranty in this scenario just because the vin says 2015?
Our underwriting partners were originally going to go back only to 2017s for the launch, and we worked hard to include 2016s.
Our contracts are all based on Model Year/VIN, and our system won't generate a contract for a 2015 that includes Battery and Drive Unit coverage.
XCare exists to protect our EV community, and if it were possible we would help, but sadly in this case we cannot.

Would you predict a year after rolling over to the 2017s it will rollover to 2018 and newer?