Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real World Highway Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sleepydoc

Aug 2, 2020
Minneapolis
I saw this article on InsideEVs just now comparing the highway range of EVs driving 70 MPH. It’s a nice comparison in as controlled a test as one can hope for. Not surprisingly the Luicid came out on top. Part of it’s from the sizable 118 kWh battery but it also managed to achieve an impressive 4.3 mi/kWh (= 232 Wh/mi). Noe that that’s driving 70 MPH. In the summertime in nice weather I can routinely get < 240 Wh/mi in my MY but that’s at lower speeds.

1676926125110.png

• Informative
Reactions: cleverscreenam
I saw this article on InsideEVs just now comparing the highway range of EVs driving 70 MPH. It’s a nice comparison in as controlled a test as one can hope for. Not surprisingly the Luicid came out on top. Part of it’s from the sizable 118 kWh battery but it also managed to achieve an impressive 4.3 mi/kWh (= 232 Wh/mi). Noe that that’s driving 70 MPH. In the summertime in nice weather I can routinely get < 240 Wh/mi in my MY but that’s at lower speeds.

View attachment 909385
Tom Moloughney, at insideevs.com has definitely made his mission in life to attempt to address a lot of these uncertainties. Prior to being an EV expert, he was a restaurant owner so he has, perhaps, a better grasp on customer service needs of ordinary people than the engineers and environmentalists who tend to dominate much of the EV world.