Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Realistic prices for Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have seen some crazy ASKING prices in Autotrader, Cargurus, Carvana etc for Model Y's ( may be for other cars too? don't know). Basic LR model without FSD asking prices is $62k plus....

I guess there is a market out there? Otherwise why would someone pay the money and take all the pain to put all these up ? At

Reactions: NJEV-Don
It might work out for some states with good EV incentives, like New Jersey, where they pay no sales tax and get an additional $2k rebate. I'm not sure what the rules are for keeping the car to qualify for these incentives but I assume if they are point-of-sales incentives, it may be fine.

Unfortunately, it's tough to break even in WA with our lack of EV incentives ($45k+), 10.4% car sales tax, and high registration fees (including $250 EV fees, ~$600+(!) RTA tax in Seattle)

It might work out for some states with good EV incentives, like New Jersey, where they pay no sales tax and get an additional $2k rebate. I'm not sure what the rules are for keeping the car to qualify for these incentives but I assume if they are point-of-sales incentives, it may be fine.

Unfortunately, it's tough to break even in WA with our lack of EV incentives ($45k+), 10.4% car sales tax, and high registration fees (including $250 EV fees, ~$600+(!) RTA tax in Seattle)
They really stick it to you in Washington state. So glad I live in Conservative North Carolina.

The state has to make it's money without income tax.

I'm in the same situation in FL. No EV incentives (at least there are some in WA), 6% sales tax, $430+ in registration fees. I thought about selling the MY if I don't like it... but I'd probably lose a few thousand and then pay the taxes/fees again if I bought another car.

Reactions: PNWLeccy