Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Realistically when can i expect an update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just took delivery of my model p3d. Car is now at 140miles odo and sitting at firmware 39.8 when i took delivery. Connected it to wifi but still no updates.

Realistically when can i expect an update? Kinda bummed buying a new car and not having the latest features.

just took delivery of my model p3d. Car is now at 140miles odo and sitting at firmware 39.8 when i took delivery. Connected it to wifi but still no updates.

Realistically when can i expect an update? Kinda bummed buying a new car and not having the latest features.

Congrats and enjoy the car. The update will come.
No one can answer that question though.
Just be patient. :)

My updates are few and far between, usually more than 20+ days apart. My M3 usually connect to my home wifi at 2.4 GHz, and has a weak connection. If I moved the router/modem/gateway (I honestly don't know the difference) closer to the car would it connect at 5.0 GHz and get more frequent updates? I've been on 2018.42.3 eb373a0 since Nov. 2nd.... I got my car on May 2nd, and have only had two updates.... Thanks for whatever you can tell me.

For everyone complaining about how few updates they get, how many updates have you received on any non-Tesla car? When your car is scheduled for an update, you’ll get an update. If you can’t get it over Wi-FI it will eventually come over LTE. NOT EVERY CAR GETS EVERY MINOR UPDATE. Significant ones can roll out over weeks, as Tesla makes sure that any problems that arise won’t affect a large portion of the fleet.

Chill out and try to enjoy your car.

• Informative
Reactions: Petesjca
I have a pretty weak connection at my house and I have gotten three updates over the past 3 weeks of ownership. They seemingly come at random and do not really depend on signal strength. Although, a stronger connection would be better just to not have an update fail and you have to bring it to the SC to fix it.

Some members have said they triggered an update by driving to the delivery center and connecting to their wifi. But I don't know how reliable this is.

As others have said, it will come when you least expect it, but it will come through.

Reactions: Petesjca