TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Really bad Internet radio this last week...?

Discussion in 'Belgium and the Netherlands' started by Lycanthrope, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Active Member

Hi Folks - I've got the habit to listen to Internet radio and the last week it has been incredibly unstable with constant interruptions, even when I have a full 3G signal.

I'm wondering if this might be related to v6.1 or just a coincidence, has anyone else experienced issues?

Cheers, Dave

2. PaulW5

PaulW5 *****Driver

No problem over here (Netherlands). I only listen by internet, I haven't use DAB in months ;-)

3. RCH1708

RCH1708 Member

Fine here. Never use DAB, it's pathetic.

4. redevries

redevries René de Vries

There is a fix for DAB, which I had installed during the annual service. The difference is unbelievable. They also installed a fix for the antennae, and reception has improved tremendously, no more switching back to FM.

5. PaulusdB

PaulusdB Mayor Gnomus Vintage Limb

Can you give some more details on this fix, René?

What does it exactly consist of, or you have a TSB number?

DAB+ reception is OK in my car, but does switch to FM at certain geographic cold spots. E.g. A2 north of Zaltbommel.

6. PaulW5

PaulW5 *****Driver

In my opinion the thread is about "internet radio" not DAB ;-)

7. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Active Member

I'm also curious to know about potential antenna adaptations because I think it's pretty bad as it is - I often have full signal on my iPhone and just 1 or 2 bars on the car. I would have expected the converse.

8. AlexT

AlexT Member

I have had a similar situation with RDIO since the last update (6.1): when buffering a new song, it starts playing immediately for 4-8 seconds, then pauses 2 seconds, and then restarts the song after buffering is completed.

9. redevries

redevries René de Vries

I'll post the details later, but essentially they added some ferromagnetic beads to the antenna for DAB, and replaced the entire DAB receiver. I don't think there was any TSB Involved. In total the invoice had 18 line items, and I only paid for the service: 700 VAT included.....

And now, by popular request, back to the Internet radio - no problems experienced :)