Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Really bright headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can set either adjust them yourself manually or let the auto adjust feature do it for you. I tried the auto adjust, but they were still too bright and I was constantly getting high beamed by opposing drivers. So here's what I did. I pulled into my garage (which is level) and onto two 1x6 inch planks (front only), then I turned on the auto adjust feature. This adjusted them but just slightly downward when off the planks. The 3's lights are so bright, and my fogs are always on, that even aimed a little low, they still light up the street sufficiently and if I do need the extra light, I turn on the high beams, BUT, I'm no longer getting "high beamed" by opposing drivers.

Hi has anyone else got a problem with then headlights on their Tesla 3 being really bright when on auto. I keep getting flashed from other drivers and I have double check not on high beam
No, not really.
However, the reaction of auto-High/Low-Beams can be a bit tardy if you are driving on a winding country or a hilly road. In that case, it is entirely possible that the Highs are staying ON for a little too long before they auto-dim to Lows. There are a few areas around town where this happens to me regularly. In those spots, I manually flip lights back down to Lows, as appropriate.

HTH,
a

Reactions: calidreamz808
Hi has anyone else got a problem with then headlights on their Tesla 3 being really bright when on auto. I keep getting flashed from other drivers and I have double check not on high beam

Depends if you mean just auto on/off headlights, or auto high-beams.

The auto high-beams are simply not very good, and it will dazzle other drivers.

The standard headlights if you get flashed, probably the headlights are not calibrated properly --- and the best thing is you can control the headlights orientation from the software menu rather than having to physically tweak the headlight housing

Reactions: DocHolliday
So I drove my brand new Model 3 for the first time at night this evening. I had my auto beam setting on and it seemed to work fine and would switch on the high beams when on a dark road. However, I got flashed by at least 5 cars when the regular beams were on, so they must be super bright (and high beams insanely bright). Has anyone else run into this issue? I’d prefer not to blind the other drivers.

Reactions: Gydgyxgocgk