Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear door closing terrible rattle and glass sounds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know the rear doors simply do not close with a solid thunk, esp compared to the front doors of the Y or the rear doors of the 3 which are solid.

Any home fixes to reduce the glass rattling noise when closing the rear doors? My rear doors click and clack when opening and even worse when closing…even gently. Just live with it?

Last edited:
Whenever I close the cheapest Benz door (GLA250) I realize why I feel “wrong” when I close Tesla doors.
The Benz is almost half the price but some of those touches are far superior.

If there’s some way to make the Tesla doors close with that satisfying thump then I’m in.

I have the floppy rear windows too. My passenger side is worse but they both do it. I have asked the SC to look at them during a service visit and then said nothing is wrong. I find that hard to believe. I took the interior door panels off to see if I could find anything loose. Nothing was readily apparent but the design of the door makes it difficult to get to the window regulator. I plan on trying the SC again on my next appointment.

If you don't mind 8 year old MB...
1683915240721.png

• Funny
Reactions: SJC3 and 804son