TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rear door inner panel buzzing

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Padelford, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Padelford

Padelford Supporting Member

I’ve noticed lately that the black plastic panel on the inside of the rear hatch below the window is prone to buzzing on in-smooth pavement, like older freeways with exposed aggregate. I usually have the two rearmost seats folded down, which would make the noise more apparent. If I tap my fingers on the panel, it sounds like a drum-head.

Anyone else notice this, and if so had it fixed? I’m building another service center “to do” list with this on it.

2. GalaxySurfer

GalaxySurfer Life, The Universe and Everything.

Not sure if same area, but i actually just started to hear a very mild vibration sound from passenger FWD panel closest to passenger side seat. (At least i think thats it, its only heard if sitting in passenger seat while driving. And was first noticed today, (coincidentaly today was also the first day we turned up the bass on the audio as well) related? Dunno.

3. Padelford

Padelford Supporting Member

Update: I went to a service center & had a tech ride-along. He traced the noise to the driver side rear window trim. They did some work on the trim and stopped the buzz. Yay!

• Like x 1