Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear ended by 1999-Saturn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I stopped at red light at high way ramp, a saturn hit my car from back with fast speed. Not sure what the speed but that car seriously damaged on front and airbag exploded. How ever my car is still drivable. When I check the rear bumper, I saw not only bumper damaged but also somthing inside. Not sure how big the shape change inside bumper. Can every help take a look what it is under the bumper? Is it crucial?

Overview on bumper:
20230722_012334361_iOS.jpg
20230722_012340170_iOS.jpg

Detail under bumper, right side from back:
20230722_160403884_iOS.jpg
20230722_160340290_iOS.jpg

That looks like you should be taking it to a body shop to get it evaluated / get a professional opinion, like most of these "accident" threads do.
Very thanks for your reply. Yes I submitted photo estimation brooks motor which is tesla certified body shop. However everything need to be wait to next Monday. Accident happened on Friday afternoon, I submitted claim to insurance at night. First time meet such accident.😂

No one injured in this collision even air bag of back car exploded. I filed claim to their insurance company and also submitted a repair estimation to certified body shop. Seems need to wait to Monday for the reply from them. Mostly the frame of suspention is damaged on right side, even it is still drivable and no warning information in car.

2 month passed. Last week I finally got schedule into body shop. I dropped it to body shop. Today, I received an increse of cost estimation. Total cost increased from $8897 to $16370. Nearly doubled due to new discovered damange. And total repair time will be 1 month.

Thanks,
Hao.

That's actually the bumper cover, what's inside behind it is the bumper. It's always the same, you get a nice car, someone hits you through no fault of your own. Yet you can drive a junky car for years and it never gets hit. The sad thing is even after it's repaired it will never be the same and have this on its record, which means it will be worth less when it's time to sell/trade it. But it's so ridiculous how expensive it is to repair a Tesla, no wonder insurance costs so much for them.