Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear ended. Car in tow yard. Doors won't open. What to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

My Tesla Model 3 2019 was rear-ended last week while I was stopped at a traffic signal. The car got towed and is currently at the impound.

Right after the accident, the following error popped up:

"The electrical system is unable to support all features. Shutting down features to conserve energy"

Now I am unable to connect to my car. The app times out. I went to the impound to see if I can unlock the car and get my stuff out but the doors wont unlock. Keycard did not help. Neither did the boot or the frunk.

What are my options? Wait for it to be moved to a body shop and see if I have better luck there?

Hello!

My Tesla Model 3 2019 was rear-ended last week while I was stopped at a traffic signal. The car got towed and is currently at the impound.

Right after the accident, the following error popped up:

"The electrical system is unable to support all features. Shutting down features to conserve energy"

Now I am unable to connect to my car. The app times out. I went to the impound to see if I can unlock the car and get my stuff out but the doors wont unlock. Keycard did not help. Neither did the boot or the frunk.

What are my options? Wait for it to be moved to a body shop and see if I have better luck there?
You can try jumping the 12V battery, you can pop the hood under the tow hook cover:

Reactions: android04
HappenEd to me as well. Follow the above directions to pop the frunk through the tow hook cover, then hook a jump box or a new battery up to the 12v and everything should power on that you need (screen, doors, windows, trunk). Not sure if a jump box will damage anything, but mine was already totaled And the body shop was helping out.