Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear ended twice in 3 months.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In nearly fifty years of driving, I have had one rear ender (somebody running in to me) and that was long before EVs were a thing (although I did drive a manual transmission with no brake lights on the clutch). I have never rear-ended someone else.

The Tesla turns on its brake lights whenever it is slowing, regardless if you are touching the brake. It even shows you your brake lights in the dash. I was taught to watch the traffic, not the lights anyway, including traffic behind me when stopping. I fail to see how it could get any better, autopilot even improves on that.

In nearly fifty years of driving, I have had one rear ender (somebody running in to me) and that was long before EVs were a thing (although I did drive a manual transmission with no brake lights on the clutch). I have never rear-ended someone else.

The Tesla turns on its brake lights whenever it is slowing, regardless if you are touching the brake. It even shows you your brake lights in the dash. I was taught to watch the traffic, not the lights anyway, including traffic behind me when stopping. I fail to see how it could get any better, autopilot even improves on that.
You have a good point about no brake lights on the clutch. I will need to compare driving the Tesla vs a manual transmission.