Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would be interesting to see if it's practically possible to get those points compensated fairly.
Yes it is. You may have to sue for it, but you are entitled to impaired value and rental car stipend. In this day of carfax, everybody knows you had an accident and used sale price will reflect. It is also wise to get detailed pictures and written statement from repair shop to explain actual damage. Carfax just says car had body work, and buyer will assume the worst absent docs. Many buyers will disregard if you can demonstrate it was superficial. I got decent offer from carmax on car that had 2 fender benders because I had complete records. I got screwed on trade in of another because I didn’t.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX and Dmagyar
Wife got hit in our model three while waiting for light to go green Friday the 15th (February). Mid april just for the repair shop appointment to see the car. It's hopefully just superficial damage to the rear bumper, but still gripes me, only 2700 +- miles on the odometer...Could have been way worse though...
Going to have to review the steps to get the camera recording/working...

If only a bumper cover replacement needed the quote from Tesla will be about $436. Long turnaround because the cover is shipped already painted. Good news is you only have to give up your car for a day while you swap it out. In a similar situation I opted to get a check made to myself by the other driver and had a very reputable local dealership I know just repair the cover (it was gauged). This way the repair will not appear on Carfax. You will find that auto body shops that deal with high-end cars such as Bentley, Ferari, Lamborghini, often don't participate in Carfax. The price for me came to $100 more but it included reapplication of the ceramic coating.

Last edited: