TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Rear Facing Seats with Torklift Central Ecohitch?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by skitown, May 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. skitown

skitown Supporting Member

#1 skitown, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Question for the crowd. I'm getting serious about a CPO Model S 90D (2015 manufacture date) that has rear facing seats (which I don't need). I do however need to have a Torklift Central Ecohitch installed. FWIW, I had an Ecohitch installed on my last S85 and it's been great. Anywhoo - I then had a flash of worry when I recalled reading that Ss with the rear facing seats have more/different structurally reinforced back ends. Any chance the bumper structure is different, thus not allowing an Ecohitch to be installed per usual? Anyone know for sure based on experience or otherwise if there is any risk of incompatibility? Thanks.

Edit: Hrmm, perhaps I should have pinged @Torklift Central on this thread in the first place...

2. tpoltron

tpoltron Member

The Ecohitch was originally designed when all Model Ss had the full rear end reinforcement so it's all good. We've had them on two MSs with rear facing seats.

3. skitown

skitown Supporting Member

Excellent. Thank you very much @tpoltron.