Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Torklift Ecohitch Stealth for Refreshed 2021 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been waiting for more-than a month for someone in the Kent, WA area to take their 2021 Model S to Torklift Central so their engineers can determine if the Stealth tow hitch they've been selling for 2012-2019 Model S vehicles will still fit on the refreshed 2021 Model S. If you are interested in a FREE Ecohitch Stealth for your 2021 Model S, they'll give it to you if you'll let their engineers determine if changes need to be engineered to fit the new vehicles or if the previous hitch will work.

Watching with great interest--have a LR S on order (Feb/Mar delivery), but not sure if I will take delivery if there isn't a good 'stealth' hitch solution. I'm driving a 21 Model Y Performance now with tow hitch--like to be able to cover it up when not in use. (Only use it to transport two bicycles on a rack, not ebikes, so not very heavy)--just want a good, hidden solution for the S!

Reactions: gbailey
I just ordered the new ecohitch stealth from Torklift Central for the refreshed 2021/ 2022 Model S. Will arrive end of March . The refreshed Model S has a removable cover under the rear of the car that is designed into the Model S. This is because in some other foreign markets the Model S can be ordered with a hitch. Tesla kept this design for the US version This is great since no drilling or cutting needs to be done to the new Model S . It has a 90 degree attachment when you want to use it. The receiver is 2 inches. This hitch is all stainless steel therefore no rust can occur. I plan on using it for bikes and e- bikes. Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
I was the one who wrote that the pre-refresh hitch wouldn't fit. Just ordered the new one, so I'll post here once I find out if this one works.
And I was the one back In September that was going to be the test mule. After much back and forth, I pulled the plug on the experiment as I didn’t want to leave my new Plaid in their Kent lot and they didn’t offer any reassurances about damage protection as part of their experimentation. Bought a MYP and a utility trailer instead of messing up the Plaid.

Well I have some good news. The take-off hitch I bought from a refresh 2022 Model X DID fit my 2022 Long Range S. I only had to bend a bracket back on the hitch that was designed to hold part of the hitch wiring harness on the X and of course remove the rear bumper reinforcing bar which I didn’t refit. Apart from that it fitted perfectly and it’s easy to fit the removable hitch when the undertray hatch is removed. I didn’t fit hitch wiring this time and couldn’t see any wiring harness for a factory accessory towing harness so I may have to fabricate something if I decide to down that route. My sense is that any factory hitch from a Tesla Model X would fit the new refresh S.

Attachments

• 4743FF5A-F77F-4DF9-A5EE-16AB8E68E389.jpeg
    4743FF5A-F77F-4DF9-A5EE-16AB8E68E389.jpeg
    645.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 377B9A05-A451-47B6-A300-DFDEDED7FD5F.jpeg
    377B9A05-A451-47B6-A300-DFDEDED7FD5F.jpeg
    494.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 59353302-5EE7-4D72-832F-2C28D0A79EF6.jpeg
    59353302-5EE7-4D72-832F-2C28D0A79EF6.jpeg
    403.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 7E3542BD-E556-484B-A1D7-CEB197659154.jpeg
    7E3542BD-E556-484B-A1D7-CEB197659154.jpeg
    528.6 KB · Views: 192
Well I have some good news. The take-off hitch I bought from a refresh 2022 Model X DID fit my 2022 Long Range S. I only had to bend a bracket back on the hitch that was designed to hold part of the hitch wiring harness on the X and of course remove the rear bumper reinforcing bar which I didn’t refit. Apart from that it fitted perfectly and it’s easy to fit the removable hitch when the undertray hatch is removed. I didn’t fit hitch wiring this time and couldn’t see any wiring harness for a factory accessory towing harness so I may have to fabricate something if I decide to down that route. My sense is that any factory hitch from a Tesla Model X would fit the new refresh S.
Where did you get this hitch? Was it removed from an 2022 X that had the factory trailer package installed?