Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Facing Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of a 2012 P85 but I don't think they have changed much since. Great condition, will upload pics once I have them out of the car. Selling because I don't ever use them and would like the storage space. $800 OBO. Obviously prefer local pickup or meet near Raleigh, NC as they would be expensive to ship due to the size.

I'm very interested. Not far from you over in Greensboro, could come to you. Would you be able to retrieve the mounting hardware from your car? And the bumper reinforcement bar?

Will PM you my contact info.

Thanks!

Out of a 2012 P85 but I don't think they have changed much since. Great condition, will upload pics once I have them out of the car. Selling because I don't ever use them and would like the storage space. $800 OBO. Obviously prefer local pickup or meet near Raleigh, NC as they would be expensive to ship due to the size.

I'm very interested. Not far from you over in Greensboro, could come to you. Would you be able to retrieve the mounting hardware from your car? And the bumper reinforcement bar?

Will PM you my contact info.

Thanks!
Not sure I want to or will be able to remove the reinforcement sections. Price would be for the seats only. I will try to catch/keep the nuts for mounting the seats themselves though.

Ok well I'm still interested, contingent on being able to retrieve those internally slotted nuts, and the bolts too, of course. How soon are you removing the seats? Keep me updated on your success and I'm fairly flexible on days to come over. Will prob schedule a Tesla Service visit for same day.

As for bumper bar, I did my own ecohitch so I'm comfortable removing my bumper cover, but will try to source the reinforced crossbar elsewhere in the meantime.

Not sure I want to or will be able to remove the reinforcement sections. Price would be for the seats only. I will try to catch/keep the nuts for mounting the seats themselves though.

Will do. Soonest I could have them out would be tonight sometime but this weekend is more likely. If I can't save the nuts I hear they are readily available at the SC so I could even grab them for you. Sending you a PM with my contact info

Ok well I'm still interested, contingent on being able to retrieve those internally slotted nuts, and the bolts too, of course. How soon are you removing the seats? Keep me updated on your success and I'm fairly flexible on days to come over. Will prob schedule a Tesla Service visit for same day.

As for bumper bar, I did my own ecohitch so I'm comfortable removing my bumper cover, but will try to source the reinforced crossbar elsewhere in the meantime.

Seats are out, I sent you a PM with my contact info. And a pic of the seats
IMG_20170830_213133.jpg

Fwiw, The T-slot nuts are available at the dealer and are about $3 each. The left and right strikers are almost $100 each, but early and late cars have different versions. The Reinforcement bar can be purchased and installed by an authorized body shop ($315 total with part, labor and tax for me).

Fwiw, The T-slot nuts are available at the dealer and are about $3 each. The left and right strikers are almost $100 each, but early and late cars have different versions. The Reinforcement bar can be purchased and installed by an authorized body shop ($315 total with part, labor and tax for me).
Yep, but if I can get them out I will just to save a trip. Good point on the latches... This is P02360 so an early model.

Reactions: Akikiki
I've entertained adding these to my car - don't we also need to add the striker/latch part on the top of the second row seatback? David, it sounds liek you've done this - can you share whether that part can be removed or purchased from service?