Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Glass Sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for posting the pictures. This solidifies my opinion that tint is the way to go. I see a lot of gaps, front and rear. The rear has wrinkles in the corners and sagging in the middle. These might be nice for parking lots to keep down the heat but don't look they would be to comfortable overhead and Halo vision at night.

I bought the SUMK shade from amazon. I just ordered the top one as I didn't want the back one. The back one doesn't come all the way down so you can see out the rear view mirror. Quite a bit cheaper than the Tesla store and it fits perfect. I'll take it out after summer. It folds up real small and goes into a case.

Thanks for posting the pictures. This solidifies my opinion that tint is the way to go. I see a lot of gaps, front and rear. The rear has wrinkles in the corners and sagging in the middle. These might be nice for parking lots to keep down the heat but don't look they would be to comfortable overhead and Halo vision at night.

Wow, you got all that from the pics posted.

I rather sun screens than risk cooking my rear defogger and voiding warranty on repairing it.

And for the record I don’t see any of the issues you mentioned.

here are pics from the amazon sumk ones for 80 bucks. comes with front and rear. very pleased with them. its dark but i still feel like some heat coming through but its better than before. wonder if the material is better on the official tesla ones.
2163113753237065798.jpg 4551659337758654425.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Eno Deb
here are pics from the amazon sumk ones for 80 bucks. comes with front and rear. very pleased with them.
Thanks for the pics. Looks like the lower edge of the rear shade is roughly where the tint ends? The lack of rear visibility with the original Tesla shade is a problem for me, so this looks like a better solution.
its dark but i still feel like some heat coming through but its better than before. wonder if the material is better on the official tesla ones.
It's a mesh, so obviously some of the energy does get through. But if you feel the shade on a hot day, you'll also notice that it gets warm, which means it absorbs a lot of the radiant heat from the hot glass roof that would otherwise hit your head. ;)

I also have the SUMK, ordered from Amazon, top and rear sunshade, which fits perfect. there were a rew creases from how it was folded and shipped, but they disappeared within 24 hours. I used to feel the sun on the top of my head but no longer do.

Visibility outo the car is also improved because it is darker inside the cabin. Passengers in the back seat also comment on the improved visibility and comfort.

The main reason I purchased them is so that I can remove them in the cooler months to allow improved comfort from sun warmth.