Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Zoomed in When You First Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. When I went there to get it, it didn't show an update option. May have missed it but I went there after reading availability here so I don't think I was there too early.
It works but had to do as a new app not as you indicate. :eek:
Maybe next time.
Sometimes it will say open instead of update when you just browse in the app store. Then when you click on the actual app in the store, it will then say update

I’m glad that’s sorted!

On another note, is there any way to get the app to open on the Powerwall screen? Mine always opens on the car screen which I rarely need it to. As a new Powerwall owner I’m still looking at it a thousand times a day 😆 so would be useful to open on that screen and not keep waking the car up.
Mine starts on the last screen I had open.

Mine starts on the last screen I had open.
I’ve read before that’s what is supposed to happen but mine always opens on the car first. I’ve got quite an old iPhone (8 Plus) so not sure if that’s the reason?

*edit* I’ve just worked it out. I was accessing the app via the iOS widget which only seems to show the car. If I access the Tesla app via the app icon it does indeed open in the last used screen.

Last edited:
Same problem with the app, frustrating especially during recent powercuts...
I'm on an antique pixel 3a so thought it was just my older device, relieved that it is not and I can postpone the upgrade...
Tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, but probably the android app store lags a bit behind the apple appstore, as no improvment yet...
Hope they are a bit more careful with the updating under the hood... It's a bit worrying that something like that passed QA...

I’ve read before that’s what is supposed to happen but mine always opens on the car first. I’ve got quite an old iPhone (8 Plus) so not sure if that’s the reason?

*edit* I’ve just worked it out. I was accessing the app via the iOS widget which only seems to show the car. If I access the Tesla app via the app icon it does indeed open in the last used screen.
Mine is a 5 SE, had the issue and went away with the new update.

I’m glad that’s sorted!

On another note, is there any way to get the app to open on the Powerwall screen? Mine always opens on the car screen which I rarely need it to. As a new Powerwall owner I’m still looking at it a thousand times a day 😆 so would be useful to open on that screen and not keep waking the car up.
My app always opens to the last used, unless I force quit the app, or use it on a device with less RAM and the app running in the background is purged from memory by memory management.

I’m glad that’s sorted!

Hmm... Mine, on iPhone, reopens on what it was last on. This is, of course, not quitting the app, not turning off the phone, just going to some other app or closing the phone.

Strange that yours is defaulting to the car.