Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear seat belt flapping with windows/sunroof open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried searching for this and saw reference to it in one thread but nothing conclusive... unsure of what exactly to search for because it's such a weird problem to describe.

When I drive on the highway with my windows open, the rear seat belt(s) flap against the seats rapidly, making a terrible sound. I've tried buckling and unbuckling them, but neither makes a big difference. It seems to be the center one that is the biggest offender. If it matters I have the light grey Next Gen seats in the refreshed S.

I'll rarely/never have anyone in the center seat, but I can't seem to come up with a way to easily solve this one. I considered taping the seat belt down, but aside from how horrible that'd probably look I don't want to deal with sun-baked tape residue a few years down the road. I don't really want to keep the rear seats folded down since occasionally people will be back there.

Are you experiencing this and, if so, what have you done?

Buckle it, pull the strap all the way out until it engages the ratchet. Then retract all the way and give a tug to cinch it up. I had this problem on another car some time ago. I've never had the problem in my MS. Though I don't drive much above 40 with all the windows open. Too noisy for me.