Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear seats AC - 6 seater model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I turned my AC on and it didn't blow cold. I had not used it in a while (we're in January after all).
My model X is a September 17 build. Are there any known issues with the AC units dying early? But anyway, that's not the main issue. I guess I can have service figure out if something is wrong with my AC.

While playing with the settings and lowering the temp in an attempt to feel some cold air, I happened to put my hand in front of the center back vents. They were blowing strong; just warm air like in the front, but blowing.
Now I checked "rear AC" menu, and it was AC off, and fan speed greyed out at 0, I believe.
But the question is: Isn't the rear AC / fan, supposed to be completely turned off, if nobody is setting in the rear?

I had this issue with my Model X in June 2018 tome frame .inst insof Cool air it was blowing hot air. Took an appointment and they said some part was missing. They installed it and returned after 4 days. Loaner was provided for the duration.