Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Speakers / Sub out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been discussed in a few threads previously, but I'm re-surfacing this in a new thread because I haven't found a concise answer from someone who has had this issue and then resolved it.

I noticed the other day that the sound in my car (P3D with Immersive Sound) was 'dead'. Basically, there was no depth, no bass, and I knew something was up. I also noticed that when I received a phone call, the microphone wasn't working as the person on the other line was unable to hear me.

To confirm, I used the balance adjustment in the EQ and moved it all the way to the rear. The speakers just 'pop' and 'crackle'. OK - So the rear speakers and Mic are not working...

I did the 2-button steering wheel reset, no luck. I did the 2-button + brake pedal hard reset, no luck.

I made a service appointment, but the next available slot is in 3 weeks, not acceptable.

Has anybody who has come across this problem been able to fix it by any other means? I read something about a lose ground, and I'd be happy to fix it myself, but I'm not sure where to begin. Any help from those who have come across this issue would be appreciated!

I know this has been discussed in a few threads previously, but I'm re-surfacing this in a new thread because I haven't found a concise answer from someone who has had this issue and then resolved it.

I noticed the other day that the sound in my car (P3D with Immersive Sound) was 'dead'. Basically, there was no depth, no bass, and I knew something was up. I also noticed that when I received a phone call, the microphone wasn't working as the person on the other line was unable to hear me.

To confirm, I used the balance adjustment in the EQ and moved it all the way to the rear. The speakers just 'pop' and 'crackle'. OK - So the rear speakers and Mic are not working...

I did the 2-button steering wheel reset, no luck. I did the 2-button + brake pedal hard reset, no luck.

I made a service appointment, but the next available slot is in 3 weeks, not acceptable.

Has anybody who has come across this problem been able to fix it by any other means? I read something about a lose ground, and I'd be happy to fix it myself, but I'm not sure where to begin. Any help from those who have come across this issue would be appreciated!

Had the rear speakers go out in mine. Took it in for service. They replaced a module. Everything worked that day. Next day the rear speakers went out, and today all speakers quit on me! Scheduled service, but over a week out. Ouch!