Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rebuildable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can any one tell me the down sides and cost to get a rebuildable model 3 2021 in Australia . Then can it charge at Tesla . The big question is dues warranty sell with the car and can it be registered ? If you can help please . I would like to get a Tesla fix it and own it so bad bud don’t have the money . This is my best option as I can do all the body work and mechanical . If you have one you can sell me I live in Queensland Australia . My dream it to own a cyber truck drive Australia to Cape Town South Africa as a sponsored trip

This should be in the Australia sub-forum because there are region specific rules that affect your plan. From my brief reading in that sub-forum, it is very difficult or impossible to register a vehicle that has been written off by insurance. It's so bad that people buy the wrecked cars in Australia and take them to New Zealand because after being properly repaired they can be registered and driven on public roads there.

There’s 2 states of write off, repairable write off and never to be repaired. It is linked with the VIN and remains on the car forever, so anyone searching for the vin will see this (if that bothers you.)
If it’s a repairable write off and you are the first to re-register after it’s written off status, you are required to get the vehicle inspected to ensure repairs meet your states satisfaction. Generally you’ll need receipts but it would depend on why the vehicle was written off in the first place. Ie collision vs say vandalized.

Downsides:
Resale value much lower as PPSR search will show as previous total loss.
No Warranty, as with any write off
Limited parts availability (New or Used)

Repairable Write Offs can be re-registered. NSW damaged vehicles are all Statutory Write-offs so VIN is unusable.