Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recall: Model 3 and Model Y Front Suspension Lateral Link Inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car definitely has something loose in the front suspension that’s been getting worse over time, taking it in Friday, but it’s not showing as part of this recall.

Started as an audible ‘thunk’ that could also be felt in drivers side floorpan when turning up an incline. Now this happens when just turning, anytime, at low speeds.
I have the same thunk noise coming from my front suspension. Did you take your car in to have it repaired?

Took my 2021 LR MY into get an alignment today and was notified that the two front lateral link assemblies were bent. The cost is $500 to fix. Kinda ticked off cause Tesla only recalled 2800 MYs from 2021 that have the same issue. Of course my VIN wasn't included in the recall, but I have the same issue. Anyone else experience this? Tesla keeps saying that outside influence caused the links to bend. I replied with, " The outside influence is from the factory where they didn't torque the bolts to the proper settings."

Of course my VIN wasn't included in the recall, but I have the same issue. Anyone else experience this? Tesla keeps saying that outside influence caused the links to bend. I replied with, " The outside influence is from the factory where they didn't torque the bolts to the proper settings."
I've not heard that the bolts not being torqued caused the arms to be bent, just for them to detach. Were your arms detached? Was there any evidence of the bolts not being properly torqued?

Took my 2021 LR MY into get an alignment today and was notified that the two front lateral link assemblies were bent. The cost is $500 to fix. Kinda ticked off cause Tesla only recalled 2800 MYs from 2021 that have the same issue. Of course my VIN wasn't included in the recall, but I have the same issue. Anyone else experience this? Tesla keeps saying that outside influence caused the links to bend. I replied with, " The outside influence is from the factory where they didn't torque the bolts to the proper settings."

did you have any sypmtoms?