Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received a new invoice order from 9th May - I'm now being charged for black paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They offered FSD at a discounted price for people who ordered early, I don’t think they can just change it now. Especially since we have paid a deposit in consideration.

I am hoping they do the right thing and reduce the base price and honour the £4900 price for FSD. Otherwise, there was no benefit to taking them up on the FSD offer.

They didn't have to reduce the base price either, so it's swings and roundabouts. Definitely worth asking if you can have your cake and eat it though! Seems to be mixed reports of whether or not you can. I thought it was a case of one or the other depending which was cheaper overall.

So... in summary most people are actually saving money when all is said and done, just not as much as they think they should be saving, even though they were happy enough to buy the car when it cost the original price?

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth...

Haha. I had the same conversation with myself. Ultimately it's a save and the best first world problem one can hope for.

Also, as I write this I've just received a text from Tesla saying "We are working to get your Model 3 to you as quickly as possible. Deliveries continue from August onwards. Priority is based on configuration options and reservation date. Updates will be provided via phone and SMS once your Model 3 is in transit."

I'm going to stick with my configuration and patiently wait it out.

Reactions: Durzel
They didn't have to reduce the base price either, so it's swings and roundabouts. Definitely worth asking if you can have your cake and eat it though! Seems to be mixed reports of whether or not you can. I thought it was a case of one or the other depending which was cheaper overall.

True, but the special offer said that you would get FSD cheaper if you ordered by 10th May and paid a deposit, and that's no longer the case. I think they're probably on shaky ground. I'll be calling them up to argue about it anyway.

Haha. I had the same conversation with myself. Ultimately it's a save and the best first world problem one can hope for.

Also, as I write this I've just received a text from Tesla saying "We are working to get your Model 3 to you as quickly as possible. Deliveries continue from August onwards. Priority is based on configuration options and reservation date. Updates will be provided via phone and SMS once your Model 3 is in transit."

I'm going to stick with my configuration and patiently wait it out.
It's not ideal, but with the latest tech I think you just have to accept that the price will be quite fluid and will likely trend downwards over time. There is a value to getting the car sooner than other people, and Tesla would be within their rights to not offer any kind of redress for existing purchasers who - at the risk of banging a drum - made a decision and signed a contract to buy the car based on what it cost at the time.

I've bought kit before and been unlucky to buy it just prior to it being refreshed, even though I thought I'd done enough research, etc. Overnight my purchase has been devalued significantly, or it's simply cost me more than the new model, etc. But thems the breaks really.

Under the circumstances saving some money on an existing contract ought to be seen as a win.

Reactions: Roy W.