TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Received my invitation yesterday

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Bull.bell, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Bull.bell

Bull.bell Member

Reserved on late Feb, 2017. Non Tesla owner, Ontario, CA

I guess I got the invitation because most of the people ahead of me are waiting for AWD? I also hold my place for AWD, betting PC (if they get elected) won't scratch the $14,000 incentive at least in this year. Cross fingers

2. sooner

sooner Member

#2 sooner, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Please, on what date did you reserve (exact)?

Also, likely receiving as Tesla attempts to stay under 200k in US until early next quarter. And by my count, only 1/3 to 2/5 of of people invited actually order.

I reserved in August 2016, but seems that being located in the US is keeping me from being invited yet... or invitations to move in front of me.

Edited for clarity of point.

3. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

I understand Tesla is trying to keep under the 200k and congrats to the OP but many of us have been waiting since day one as non-owners and here they are inviting non-owners who reserved in 2017!

• Like x 1
  4. Bull.bell

Bull.bell Member

It's either 02/26/2017 or 02/27/2017. It's not displayed on the page anymore.

• Informative x 1
  5. adaptabl

adaptabl Banned

It will be gone in a flash. Ford will slash and burn as soon as he is elected.

6. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

I’d cross more than your fingers. This is the program that funds EV incentives:

Cap-and-trade pumping Ontarians dry, PC Leader Ford says

• Like x 1
  7. jsmay311

jsmay311 Member

When I first read this post I was confused cuz I read the OP's post as saying he's from "Ontario, California". (An actual place, turns out.) LOL. :D

This does, indeed, seem like pretty strong evidence of Tesla trying to push the 200,000th US delivery into Q3. But it's still kinda hard to see that working without them also falling way short of their latest production goals.

• Funny x 1
  8. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Rideshare Monkey

I got my invitation just over a week ago and since a current car sold far more quickly than I thought it would I went ahead and ordered last night.

I'm a day one linestander, non-owner in Northern California. It's almost surreal after well over two years of waiting to actually have put the order in. I seriously considered delaying to wait for the cream interior, but I'm also concerned how far it would push me back when the AWD orders start pouring in in July and I didn't want to risk part of the tax credit!

And lets be honest, after waiting so long it's really kind of hard to wait even longer! :D

I almost wonder if I'll end up taking delivery July 1st so as to not screw things up! I'd be OK with that.

9. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

Your invitation will be revoked after Q2, since Musk will be saturating U.S. while our tax credit lasts, so don't miss your chance to order while you still have it
    ;)

10. McRat

McRat Well-Known Member

And our airport designator is ONT.

11. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

I think this means there aren't very many reservations in Canada.

• Like x 2
  12. sooner

sooner Member

After Day 1 and 2, there are not many reservations in United States either until first delivery in July 2017. So my invitation will only be a few weeks after Day 1 and Day 2 are finished receiving invites.

• Like x 1
  13. adaptabl

adaptabl Banned

I agree from the numbers on the invitation spreadsheet, most are day 1 and 2. Model 3 issues may not be production limitations soon. I think there are many looking at a base SR model 3. The base less the tax incentives (Federal and state) takes the model 3 to an entirely different market competing with entry level sedans.Can Tesla produce those at a profit with all the changes from the automated assembly process?

14. Winston Wolf

Winston Wolf Member

Agreed. Canada has 10% the population of the US. If we assume that half of the 400,000 initial reservations came from the US, and we extrapolate to Canada, that would mean 40,000 reservations holders in Canada. If 2/3 of them are waiting for AWD or the standard battery, that would leave around 13,000 vehicles to deliver to Canada, or roughly 5 weeks of production at current pace. But with them trying to get to 6000 by 6/30, likely 3 weeks or less of production.

15. sooner

sooner Member

3 weeks gets them deep into may, just have to max out the up to 6 week waiting time for those United States invitations that go out at that time...

16. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Or
    b) there are lots of Canadians deferring for AWD.
    c) the more they can ship to Canada this quarter the better it is for Tesla.

17. Jonny Custom

Jonny Custom Member

Congrats, I currently placed my order and now just waiting on a VIN. Waiting on pins and needles

• Like x 1
  18. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

Even with deferrals, this is only 2nd round of invites and since over 50% of reservations were day 1&2 it means they've already invited over half of all reservation holders since they are inviting Feb 2017.

They can't ship much more than 6 SCs can deliver in 2 months.

19. sooner

sooner Member

I would say well over 50%... it begs the question where can they go next? Mexico?

20. Moderatefan

Moderatefan Member

By your logic, if US is half then it's 200K.
    If Canada is 10% then its 20K, not 40K.
    If 1/3 orders are LR, that's 6.5K.
    It's not much of a dent in expected Q2 production volume, but about max that 6 SCs can deliver (likely less).