Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Cybertruck order is on a different account, how to move it to my main account?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the invitation for the Foundation Edition of the Cybertruck and went ahead with placing my order. However, I realized that I used a different email address for this reservation than the one associated with my main account. Now, my Cybertruck order is sitting on a separate account, and I would like to consolidate everything under my main account for simplicity and convenience. Has anyone else faced a similar situation or knows how to go about resolving this?

I received the invitation for the Foundation Edition of the Cybertruck and went ahead with placing my order. However, I realized that I used a different email address for this reservation than the one associated with my main account. Now, my Cybertruck order is sitting on a separate account, and I would like to consolidate everything under my main account for simplicity and convenience. Has anyone else faced a similar situation or knows how to go about resolving this?
Presumably, they are both your accounts... if so go visit a delivery center and ask them to help you (probably need to prove to them they are both yours).

Cheers!

beewang

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Made a similar mistake; ordered a '23 Model 3 under the wrong account. Tesla was ABSOLUTELY no help. Ended up completing the delivery under the wrong account then doing a Transfer of Ownership in the app. Downside is that the original docs don't transfer.

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 11.51.15 AM.png

My husband and I each have our own Tesla accounts. His account has our two Model 3s and mine has our Cybertruck reservations. In Tesla's system (according to Service Center personnel), the accounts are associated with one another. So far it hasn't been an issue, but I suppose it could get a little trickier if/when we take delivery of a Cybertruck.

Hopefully this doesn’t trigger a $50,000 lawsuit
Just commented in another thread about this. I’m on the other side of the coin, looking to free up my account that has a Model 3 and a Cybertruck. I want the Model 3 off.

I considered setting up a new account and doing the transfer, but then realized my info will like still be on the CT purchase agreement. Makes me wonder what’s happening with all these EBay Tesla account sales? Seems like an easy red flag for Tesla’s proposed lawsuit.

Just commented in another thread about this. I’m on the other side of the coin, looking to free up my account that has a Model 3 and a Cybertruck. I want the Model 3 off.

I considered setting up a new account and doing the transfer, but then realized my info will like still be on the CT purchase agreement. Makes me wonder what’s happening with all these EBay Tesla account sales? Seems like an easy red flag for Tesla’s proposed lawsuit.
Except for the ppl who intended and planned accordingly to sell their Spots 3 yrs ago. I don't believe there is a way you can do this easily.

beewang