Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received Tire Warranty Reimbursement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Runt8

May 19, 2017
Colorado
A lot of people have been saying that Michelin no longer honors their wear warranty for OEM tires (apparently they changed their policy towards the end of 2018). After being told by the Tesla service center that I was due for new tires, I called the Michelin service line and told them I wasn’t happy with only getting <18k miles on a tire rated for 45k. They took down all my information and then told me to have the tire shop call them in order to get a tread wear refund.

I then went to Discount Tire (decided on the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+), where the salesperson called Michelin with my mileage and tread depth. I was given a $128 refund for each tire (so $512 total) off the price of the new tires. I was out the door for <$400 including installation, balancing, taxes, and disposal.

I don’t know if my phone call made a difference, or if it’s a total crap shoot that’s completely dependent on who answers the phone, but if you didn’t get very good mileage out of your OEM tires (which sounds like almost everyone) make sure you push for a refund!

Reactions: HAWX 12 and SigNC
A lot of people have been saying that Michelin no longer honors their wear warranty for OEM tires (apparently they changed their policy towards the end of 2018). After being told by the Tesla service center that I was due for new tires, I called the Michelin service line and told them I wasn’t happy with only getting <18k miles on a tire rated for 45k. They took down all my information and then told me to have the tire shop call them in order to get a tread wear refund.

I then went to Discount Tire (decided on the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+), where the salesperson called Michelin with my mileage and tread depth. I was given a $128 refund for each tire (so $512 total) off the price of the new tires. I was out the door for <$400 including installation, balancing, taxes, and disposal.

I don’t know if my phone call made a difference, or if it’s a total crap shoot that’s completely dependent on who answers the phone, but if you didn’t get very good mileage out of your OEM tires (which sounds like almost everyone) make sure you push for a refund!

Is yours R19 ? how do you like it ? did they recommend any other tires ? I went yesterday and discount tire told me PIlot sport A/s 3 doesnt fit Model 3 . So i am wondering may be PIlot Sport is only for R19

Is yours R19 ? how do you like it ? did they recommend any other tires ? I went yesterday and discount tire told me PIlot sport A/s 3 doesnt fit Model 3 . So i am wondering may be PIlot Sport is only for R19
I have 18s. I did a lot of research beforehand so I didn’t even talk to the salesperson about other options - just told them what I wanted.