Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Recell Surpasses Half Million Cells Per Year with 99.97% Recovery Rate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Recell

Global Vendor
May 22, 2022
Austin
Recell hit a major production milestone today - something that speaks directly to our mission and we're REALLY proud to be part of.

Of the more than 1,000 modules and half a million cells that @Recell has processed this past year, we've been able to get more than 99.97% of them back into service - either for use in our remanufactured battery packs or repurposed for secondary use such as backup power and solar.

Out of more than half a million cells, less than 0.03% - a mere 150 cells shown in the infographic below - ended up actually being disposed of or recycled this past year. That's a far cry from the image most people have of big cumbersome battery packs being carted off to landfills once they're done in.

Of course it's not just @Recell doing this - Tesla, @wk057 and others have similar remanufacturing and secondary use efforts in place as well.

That's actually an incredible sustainability story, across the board. One that everyone here plays a part in and should rightly be proud of!

reuse.png

Last edited:
I like what you are doing but I’m not seeing the benefit of going with recell vs Tesla. The main reason would depend on your pack type. From looking at your options I would need the top end replacement at $11800 since I have a 90kwh pack. Isn’t this the same exact price as Tesla for a “refurb” pack? Your warranty of 50k and 4 years appears the same so you might have an advantage with labor costs

we totally understand that everyone has there own personal calculus when it comes to a replacement.

@NV Ray for example, went with a full replacement from Tesla vs one of ours. We totally understand, we still joke and trade notes all the time 😉 and he’ll often provide referrals. 👍

Total Installed Cost (TIC) on a comparable Tesla reman is around $14,900 all-in including tax, and the comparable 90kWh reman from Tesla is somewhere north of $18,000. our 240+ is $10,895 all-in including tax. on the other hand, our 210+ is $7,895 all-in. that’s also why it’s our top seller.

note: we offer the 250+ for those that want it, but they are in especially short supply - we can produce maybe 2-3 per year that meet the rating criteria we require for a 250+.

the best apples to apples comparison are the 210+ and 240+ vs. the 75 and 85 remans from Tesla for about $14,900 all-in, and then decide which best fits your needs.

As we’ve said here and elsewhere, we always encourage owners to look at Total Installed Cost (TIC) and go with the best value and fit for their needs, whether it’s @Recell, @wk057 or direct from Tesla. Consumer choice is a good thing. 👍

Last edited: