Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Delivering (Even More) Peace of Mind: Recell To Offer 4-Year / 50,000 Mile Warranty On Certified Battery Packs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Recell

Global Vendor
May 22, 2022
Austin
So... the first of several exciting announcements we hope to make in the weeks ahead - Recell has extended its warranty coverage and will now cover all our battery packs for up to 4 years / 50,000-miles!

What's Covered?
Pretty simple, in the event of a battery pack failure, Recell will offer customers a full pack replacement - the entire pack, end-to-end, will now be covered for up to 4 years or 50,000 miles!

Why We Do It
Like you, we are passionate about sustainability. Our goal all along has been to extend the life of these Model S battery packs to 12 years or more. So few months ago, we started sifting through the mounds of data that we recently moved up to the cloud – thank you Grid Connect! - sized up the in-house technology that we’ve developed for these packs, and determined that we can refurbish a standard 85 kWh pack to last for at least 12 years and 150,000 miles or more. Now, instead of these battery packs being parted out and sold off for spare parts, or worse, being scrapped and left to some landfill, we can keep them on the road where they belong!

Always Remember the Folks Who Got You Here…
And for our existing customers, our extended warranty coverage will include them as well!

And as mentioned, this is just the first of several exciting announcements we hope to make in the weeks ahead.

About Recell
For those of you who haven’t heard about Recell yet, our certified battery packs give Model S and Model X owners peace of mind for their out-of-warranty vehicles. Instead of having to pay for a complete battery pack replacement – which can cost up to $18,000, plus labor – Recell can swap out an aging or dead battery pack with a 4-year / 50,000-mile certified battery pack for thousands of dollars less.

More details can be found here: www.recell-ev.com

Last edited:
While more affordable replacements are by far our most popular, yes, upgrades are covered as well. Basically, if a battery pack passes our suite of certification tests, we can cover it.

One call out - and being very transparent here about our T&C's - battery packs with 150,000 miles or more are not eligible for core credit on upgrades or replacements. Every battery will, at some point, reach the end of its useful life. 180,000 miles or more would be considered a pretty good run for most batteries.👍 So if you are looking to upgrade at some point, it's probably more cost effective to just keep it on the road until eventually the time comes to get a new one.

Last edited:
While more affordable replacements are by far our our best sellers, yes, upgrades are covered as well. Basically, if a battery pack passes our suite of certification tests, we can cover it.

One call out - and being very transparent here about our T&C's - battery packs with 150,000 miles or more are not eligible for core credit on upgrades or replacements. Every battery will, at some point, reach the end of its useful life. 180,000 miles or more would be considered a pretty good run for most batteries.👍 So if you are looking to upgrade at some point, it's probably more cost effective to just keep it on the road until eventually the time comes to get a new one.
Oh isee yeah I will just keep
Driving it I tried asking tesla to see if it’s original but they won’t tell it charges to 246 miles at 100% that seems reallyGood for the mileage so I kinda doubt it is original but who knows

for a vehicle with 182K miles that is certainly very good.
I need to get better picture but do you know if this part number is a refurbished pack
6599B679-F57B-4B19-8B14-9B9219915543.jpeg

Here’s the guidance/thinking that we always share with customers on Supercharging - especially as these packs begin to age

Never charge above 80% when Supercharging. And while convenient and great for day-trips or long-distance travel, use Supercharging sparingly, and only when going on day trips or long-distance travel. A weekly diet of Supercharging creates excess heat inside the battery pack and

Here’s the guidance/thinking that we always share with customers on Supercharging - especially as these packs begin to age

Never charge above 80% when Supercharging. And while convenient and great for day-trips or long-distance travel, use Supercharging sparingly, and only when going on day trips or long-distance travel. A weekly diet of Supercharging creates excess heat inside the battery pack and
Yeah makes sense the 60kw 2014 I had was being supercharged atleast 2-3 times a week usually not long sessions but also I drove that thing from 67k miles to 113k in 1.5 year was a matter of time before I got the charge limit error and in scan my tesla I saw one of the cells was out of balance by .50 to .60 millivolts if I’m saying that correct

FYI, there's something about your website that is causing my work corporate firewall to block access to it. It seems to think that your domain is parked? Here is the message:

Error

Web Page Blocked​

The web page you are trying to visit has been blocked in accordance with company policy. Please contact your system administrator if you believe this is an error.

User: 172.19.26.39
URL: www.recell-ev.com/
Category: parked

FYI, there's something about your website that is causing my work corporate firewall to block access to it. It seems to think that your domain is parked? Here is the message:

View attachment 869234

Web Page Blocked​

The web page you are trying to visit has been blocked in accordance with company policy. Please contact your system administrator if you believe this is an error.

User: 172.19.26.39
URL: www.recell-ev.com/
Category: parked
Thier site works for me last week and just now. Sounds like your company may be doing the blocking?

Reactions: Recell
Thier site works for me last week and just now. Sounds like your company may be doing the blocking?
Yes, that's what I meant. There's something about the way their site is configured that is causing my work's firewall to see it as parked and thus block it. Not a big deal for me since I can access it from home, but figured they'd want to know.

While more affordable replacements are by far our most popular, yes, upgrades are covered as well. Basically, if a battery pack passes our suite of certification tests, we can cover it.

Sorry didnt see what the core credit is worth? In case someone has a pack with more then 150k on it

Reactions: EstebanP212
The core credit is built into the (lower) price of our replacement packs. Provided your existing pack is salvageable and has usable capacity, the same pricing applies to whether your pack has 50,000 miles or 200,000 miles. We hope that helps answer your question.

Last edited:
The core credit is built into the (lower) price of our replacement packs. Provided your existing pack is salvageable and has usable capacity, the same pricing applies to whether your pack has 50,000 miles or 150,000 miles. We hope that helps answer your question.
I think they’re asking what a replacement would cost for someone with a failed battery with OVER 150,000 miles on it. Is this something you’d even do, or is your advice in this case “take it to Tesla”?

yes! provided the pack is salvageable (ie. hasn't been physically damaged, drowned in a lake, etc.) and has useable capacity of 204 Ah or more - under 150K almost always does, 150K typically does, and after 200K+ it probably gets harder. Almost always we can get owners a replacement. And if not, we'll work with the owner on a cost effective solution to get it back in running shape, often cheaper than we've quoted for a certified replacement 👍

we’ll never leave an owner hanging

Last edited: