Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Model 3 tint job

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
xyxx, thank you checking out our site. :)

Most people don't know that there are a lot of different "levels" of tint available. It is very easy to inaccurately compare a "B" level of film from one brand to a "C" or "A" level film of another. In most cases the lower quality levels will be cheaper.

To post up prices without a lot more explanation and understanding about the various products and quality of installations can lead people to a false impression that one shop is unjustifiably priced differently than another. It's like boasting that you bought a new "Tesla" for $52k. and that someone else that paid $110k for their new "Tesla" got ripped off. There are too many variations, models, and combinations to make that statement accurately. Obviously a mid-grade Model 3 is not the same vehicle as a higher end Model X. That doesn't even mean that one of these cars is "better" than the other. There too many variables to make a blanket statement that one is a "better deal" or one is not priced "correctly".

adrianp89, I can see you're perspective and math on what you value you placed on window tint products and installation. Teslas, and most luxury/higher end vehicles, take longer than 2 hours to install the film to the best quality standards. There are a lot more electronics, harnesses, sensors and complexities that require precautions to avoid and prevent damage to the vehicles. As a shop owner, you then you have to compare the value of quality of the products, services, and installations that you and/or your shop is putting out compared to your competitors as well as the costs of running the shop. You missed the costs of rent, insurances, employees, advertisements, inventory, taxes etc. If the "cost" of tinting a car was limited to just the window film itself, then you would be closer a realistic dollar value.

I am not saying cheaper is bad or another brand is bad or anything like that. I am just saying there are a lot more factors involved for pricing in the market.

I paid $715 for all windows (including front windshield) and the rear in one piece. This was also ceramic.

I know this doesn't help you but figured I'd share what other's in the rest of the country are seeing. Mine was done in a little shop in Rockwall Texas.