Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I

Would get cup holder support. When you get your car you'll understand. Bigger thinner water bottles just bounce around the cup holder.
Any particular one you’d recommend? I know it’s a firm ride, so I imagine drinks are going to move a bit. That being said I also heard the cup holders were kind of small to begin with? Typically I bring a 40oz insulated water bottle around with me, but of course I need it to work for cups of coffee too.

Officially in my EDD range again (9/12-9/30). No VIN

Was expecting something to happen, if even just an EDD push but nothing so far.
It will likely bump to 9/14 tomorrow. My EDD has pushed back by two days at a time since 9/6. And it always pushes back the day after the EDD start date.

This Thursday will be the start of my 5th week since ordering and delivery was estimated at 5-7 weeks at the time of order. A 3-6 week EDD had me excited for an even earlier delivery but in the end, it’ll probably be within the 5-7 weeks.

The Bay Area orders are definitely being pushed to EOQ as I’m seeing others outside CA who ordered after me with the exact same configuration getting VINs and deliveries already.

Not necessarily fair but it does make business sense to prioritize by region to deliver the maximum amount of cars within a quarter.

It will likely bump to 9/14 tomorrow. My EDD has pushed back by two days at a time since 9/6. And it always pushes back the day after the EDD start date.

This Thursday will be the start of my 5th week since ordering and delivery was estimated at 5-7 weeks at the time of order. A 3-6 week EDD had me excited for an even earlier delivery but in the end, it’ll probably be within the 5-7 weeks.

The Bay Area orders are definitely being pushed to EOQ as I’m seeing others outside CA who ordered after me with the exact same configuration getting VINs and deliveries already.

Not necessarily fair but it does make business sense to prioritize by region to deliver the maximum amount of cars within a quarter.
Agreed. It's frustrating to see people that order weeks later get their deliveries so much quicker but I see why Tesla does it.

Yeah, that's essentially what I'm expecting. Just a little surprised that it didn't happen today since it had been consistently pushing the EDD once I was within the range.

Totally understand the business model and the reality of living in the Bay Area, but if I had just one gripe, it's the gigantic EDD that's been staring at me giving me false hope lol.

Yeah, that's essentially what I'm expecting. Just a little surprised that it didn't happen today since it had been consistently pushing the EDD once I was within the range.

Totally understand the business model and the reality of living in the Bay Area, but if I had just one gripe, it's the gigantic EDD that's been staring at me giving me false hope lol.
Yeah, if Tesla already plans to push most Bay Area orders to the last couple of weeks, then just give us that EDD. Like I said, 5-7 weeks at the time of order was the last two weeks of September. But then receiving an initial EDD of 9/5-9/25 got my hopes up for earlier lol

Reactions: SanMateoMYP
Yeah, if Tesla already plans to push most Bay Area orders to the last couple of weeks, then just give us that EDD. Like I said, 5-7 weeks at the time of order was the last two weeks of September. But then receiving an initial EDD of 9/5-9/25 got my hopes up for earlier lol
The last update was the one that really got me. I knew 9/7 was an absolute pipe dream but when it only pushed out the first day to 9/12 I thought there was a chance.

And this one is ultimately all on me, but I'm going to be out of state for a week starting 9/21 which will be right in the middle of the initial 5-7 week estimate. Fingers crossed some of the one month order to delivery magic rubs off on me but I've already started the grieving process of an October (hopefully not post October) delivery.

The last update was the one that really got me. I knew 9/7 was an absolute pipe dream but when it only pushed out the first day to 9/12 I thought there was a chance.

And this one is ultimately all on me, but I'm going to be out of state for a week starting 9/21 which will be right in the middle of the initial 5-7 week estimate. Fingers crossed some of the one month order to delivery magic rubs off on me but I've already started the grieving process of an October (hopefully not post October) delivery.
Can't help but get my hopes up despite being resigned to the fact it will likely be EOQ rush for me. Also going to be out of the area the first week of October so need delivery before then, which it should be but never know.

Can't help but get my hopes up despite being resigned to the fact it will likely be EOQ rush for me. Also going to be out of the area the first week of October so need delivery before then, which it should be but never know.
Same. There's no reason to think I'll get it before the last 7-10 days of the month but can't help imagining myself getting it sooner. It does seem a bit odd that these 3rd-4th week August Bay Area orders are in this EOQ limbo, at least as far as the EDD goes. Was there ever a chance we won't/don't end up in EOQ?

Same. There's no reason to think I'll get it before the last 7-10 days of the month but can't help imagining myself getting it sooner. It does seem a bit odd that these 3rd-4th week August Bay Area orders are in this EOQ limbo, at least as far as the EDD goes. Was there ever a chance we won't/don't end up in EOQ?
WA state is in the same SoCal limbo state.

Certainly doesn't feel like there was ever a chance. Even if people refuse delivery or cancel in the area, those cars are getting put on a truck and shipped out. I won't be surprised if my car is driven out of the Fremont factory and into my driveway at 11:59pm on the last day of the quarter. I wouldn't be disappointed, either, just excited to get it

Reactions: Starway2001
Certainly doesn't feel like there was ever a chance. Even if people refuse delivery or cancel in the area, those cars are getting put on a truck and shipped out. I won't be surprised if my car is driven out of the Fremont factory and into my driveway at 11:59pm on the last day of the quarter. I wouldn't be disappointed, either, just excited to get it
If my fate is sealed, a 9/30 delivery at the 12th hour would actually be pretty magical for me lol. It is one of only 4 days where I'll actually be around in the last two weeks of the month.

If my fate is sealed, a 9/30 delivery at the 12th hour would actually be pretty magical for me lol. It is one of only 4 days where I'll actually be around in the last two weeks of the month.
Speaking of which, do you actually have to be present for delivery if it's a home delivery? I saw a post where someone said they woke up to the car in their driveway, I think it was in socal

Please, go on, tell us more. I have not test driven a Y but have an MYP on order lol. Coming from BMW M550 (fun) and then Acura RDX (boring).
The instant torque is thrilling. Had the car for 2 days and don't have enough open road to try full acceleration responsibly. By the time I accelerate to pass someone I realize I'm already doing over 100 and have to slow down. I need a few weeks to get used to the speed. I tried putting it in the slow acceleration mode and it was way too restrictive. Something in the middle would've been great. On sport acceleration, I never have to push the pedal more than 1/4 way to get going or to speed a little. If I press half or more, it is like star wars hyper drive. Lol. You might be able to adjust quicker than I since you had the BMW.

Any particular one you’d recommend? I know it’s a firm ride, so I imagine drinks are going to move a bit. That being said I also heard the cup holders were kind of small to begin with? Typically I bring a 40oz insulated water bottle around with me, but of course I need it to work for cups of coffee too.
You'll see what I'm talking about when you get your car. The single use plastic water bottles dance around the cup holder. Amazon has one that is silicon and one that had holds drinks from Basenor. I'm going to try the Basenor one. Will update when I receive tomorrow.

By the way, Tesla should really be giving you some of these when you buy the car.
1. Mud flaps
2. PPF rear door panel
3. Center console organizers
4. Cup holder insert to make cups more stable

These 4 I feel should absolutely be delivered with the cars.

Reactions: jebinc