Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So is anyone noticing a trend in this thread? There are NO delivery dates after September...I think we are all the last people getting 2021 models IMO. I think all new Model Y Performance models will not come till November and I am guessing will be 2022s. I am seeing the same trend on all the Facebook groups for the Performance models.
Od: 9/10 Edd: Oct 3-23
Myp white/white, no fsd, no tow

My window hasn't moved since OD. Which is better than it being pushed back I guess. I just want my car
If you aren't dead set on a chosen color, there are always inventory cars popping up. I got lucky on Saturday and grabbed one. SA told me they've seen a lot more in recent days due to people delaying, canceling, etc.

There's a Black on black MYP marked "in transit to San Antonio" available right now: US Tesla New cars for sale

If you aren't dead set on a chosen color, there are always inventory cars popping up. I got lucky on Saturday and grabbed one. SA told me they've seen a lot more in recent days due to people delaying, canceling, etc.

There's a Black on black MYP marked "in transit to San Antonio" available right now: US Tesla New cars for sale
Black is the only color I don't want lol

• Funny
Reactions: DarthStar
No change here either since order placed. EDD: September 23 - September 30
Not in a rush though, would personally rather have a 2022 VIN. But then again, if I was into the waiting game, I'd go for one made in Texas with the new single body Gigapress. Hell, then 4680's, so I try to just enjoy what we get. :)

No change here either since order placed. EDD: September 23 - September 30
Not in a rush though, would personally rather have a 2022 VIN. But then again, if I was into the waiting game, I'd go for one made in Texas with the new single body Gigapress. Hell, then 4680's, so I try to just enjoy what we get. :)
@GroovaEV Well, actually, Fremont and Austin will be using the front casting design, per recent Tesla reporting. There is supposedly a two week Fremont line shutdown scheduled for October to do the retooling for the casting integration. Personally, the one piece casting could be problematic for future repairs, and in the result of an accident, could be very costly to repair, or could result in your car being totaled, even for a minor accident.

The front casting is more a cost savings benefit for Tesla (and maybe a slight range gain for customers', due to being a bit lighter than a sheet metal build-up design). Personally, I want the 2022 version more for future resale value protection than anything else. I might take the 2021, if offered soon, as I prefer the tried and true non casted front frame design.

Also, castings (think forged vs cast wheels) could have unseen void and fail unexpectedly. Time will tell. Having said that, the rear castings seem to be performing well, as long as you don't get into an accident that damages said casting.

Reactions: Wingwinghello