Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Tedkidd No VIN assigned for me yet (there's a flag on my reservation to be ineligible for VIN assignment until early February). I actually got a VIN assigned originally back on 12/29 88xxx with 12/31 delivery to hit the end-of-Q4 rush, but I deferred since I was away from home and not ready to take delivery.

Reactions: Tedkidd
I have the exact same configuration on order. Ordered back on October 24, 2020 to lock in the $8k FSD price but deferred VIN assignment until February when my current vehicle’s lease expires. We haven’t seen the new center console, new headlights, MIC interior door trim or HEPA filter on any Fremont-built Model Y’s yet. Also, the design studio on Tesla’s site still does not show these changes.

Did your sales advisor specifically mention that these features would be on your car first week of February?

That's exactly what he said! That's is why is taking so long. No VIN yet.

I'll we keep you posted!!!

Reactions: kaess
When i ordered the blue performance black interior on 1/2/21. It shows estimated delivery 1 to 12 weeks. 1/14/21 to 3/27/21. Got a call and he said they have a white interior if i want it, it will be ready in 2 weeks. Didn't want that and i have no vin and estimated delivery is 1/25/21 to 3/27/21 as of today.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Ordered 1/20. Final steps completed 1/22. Deliver estimate 1/28-2/17.

White LR, 5-seater, induction wheels, tow hitch, FSD, black interior.

UPDATE:

Got a call from my Sales Advisor today. Car manufactured today (1/25), account now shows vin, arrives at the sales center 2/7 and scheduled for delivery 2/9! Alot quicker than the 3 years I waited for my Model 3! :)

EDIT:
disregard. I order a non-performance. Sorry for the confusion. Good luck to all you performance order holders!

Last edited:
PearlShark and Subhuman have not ordered Model Y Performance builds, per the title of this thread. Therefore, their order and delivery dates do not pertain to this discussion

Correct. Not sure how I missed the title. I guess in all my excitement in ordering I forgot how to read :confused:. Anyway, sorry for the confusion. Back to your regular scheduled program.

We ordered our solid black MYP, white int, FSD on 09 Jan, 2021. Estimated delivery 20 Feb - 20 Mar (still same estimate from the day we ordered it). Plan to take delivery in Ohio if that helps, since I hear west coast gets deliveries later in the quarter.

Advisors have been pretty non-responsive and have not had any updates after “Preparing for delivery” step was complete on 12 Jan.

Test drove and ordered our MY performance on Jan 17th with expected delivery March 4-31. Got the call yesterday that they could deliver on Feb 2. So... not much of a wait.

Ordered MYP with FSD, white exterior/ black interior. Gotta be one of the more common versions.

Ordered back on October 24th. White on white, no tow hitch, fsd. Told the advisor to put my account on ineligible until February-March. Got a vin last week 98k.

Not ready to take delivery so they unmatched the vin. Hopefully it won’t take a long time to get matched again.

Reactions: Tedkidd
I'll just add to the chorus here. Ordered on 12/29. Black and Blue with Tow. Was offered a stealth performance (1500 miles) the next day. Passed on that. Delivery date is between now and March 22nd. Hopefully Tesla will reach out soon.

Ordered MYP Blue/Black/Tow on 1/15 here in SoCal. Was just told to expect delivery in 4-8 weeks.

Question for the experts here:

If I get offered near the end of March and decide to push, does this mean that I'll have to wait until the end of Q2 to take delivery? I ask because I've gathered that deliveries tend to fall near the end of quarters. Ideally, I'd prefer to have my new car in May.

It seems that Tesla simply haven't been producing the MYP lately. With such a small volume compared to the LR(look at the order tracking spreadsheet), it makes more financial sense to wait until there are enough orders to make a full batch. They probably have to switch part of the LR production to P. When they start fulfilling MYP orders, they're gonna be going out fast!

Reactions: Tedkidd and kaess

According to this guy's video. His performance was made in December 2020, and he ordered the car in January 2021. I believe if I choose to take the white interior that the brooklyn tesla offered me. This car would be mine since i ordered 1/2/21. The thing is that if they are producing the performance in December, why many of us dont even get a VIN yet??