Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not the news I was hoping for. Battery issue that came up (see text below). Car being sent back to factory and they are going to send another with new VIN. Back in the queue, but the SA did say that she still expects a new one to come by EOM. Not sure I believe that timeline but we’ll see.

“The service hold is related to your car holding a charge. When the car is plugged in, it is recognizing the cord is plugged in but not correctly charging. If we are unable to fix the issue before the end of the week, we will simply remove this car from your account and put you back in the queue for a new one from the factory. The current turn around time we are seeing would align nicely with a pick up once you return in town. Does the week of September 27th work for you to pick up your car in the case we cannot rectify the hold by Saturday? Let me know and thank you so much again for your understanding!”

EDIT - I should clarify, the SA clarified in subsequent comms that it can’t be fixed by the service center.
What a major bummer! I had fears that something like this would happen to me and I totally understand the supreme disappointment you must feel. Hopefully they get you a new VIN ASAP!

got back from the DC about an hour ago. Overall the car is in great shape!
First thing is that my DC is not a SC so they said it doesn’t matter if I look over the car first or accept delivery and then look it over. Everything will have to be a service appointment since they can’t fix it there anyway. Only option I had was to decline the car but it looked like it was in good enough shape to at least drive it off the lot.
Issues I’ve found so far:
1. There’s a scratch on the driver side mirror cap. Going to try to get it replaced.
2. There’s a weird defect/tear in the seal on the passenger side rear (little) window
3. Both doors on the driver side might need slight alignment. At least the back one does. But it’s very minor.
4. There was something sticking out between the headliner and the roof glass. Pulled on it slightly and it came out. It was just a piece of tape. Headliner is in place and looks good so I’m not worried about that one.
5. There was some glue residue on the front bumper from the protective film they put on the cars during shipping.
6. A little dirt on the white seats but it brushed right off

Other than that, all panel gaps look good and the car is in great shape!

Oh yeah, no PPF or mud flaps on mine.
I have the red calipers too! (Since that was in question if they were still included)

Attachments

• 5608615F-0B88-4C4F-856E-9E1090A31F8E.jpeg
    5608615F-0B88-4C4F-856E-9E1090A31F8E.jpeg
    824.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 5266D2F0-A7C6-4C6B-B058-14052BD86811.jpeg
    5266D2F0-A7C6-4C6B-B058-14052BD86811.jpeg
    767.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 0B3C4E7A-5511-45FF-83D1-825D61F93682.jpeg
    0B3C4E7A-5511-45FF-83D1-825D61F93682.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 51
  • B58A92E7-F9E6-4337-976B-A27776BE3A72.jpeg
    B58A92E7-F9E6-4337-976B-A27776BE3A72.jpeg
    939.8 KB · Views: 48
After getting the September text yesterday finally pulled the trigger today and asked for September delivery
Bye bye potential federal incentive
Three months of having a car is worth $7500, right?
This is something I’ve been asking myself as well. On one hand who knows when they’ll vote on this thing. If I wait and it gets rejected or I no longer qualify I’ll certainly be kicking myself. Silver lining might be going from ‘21 to ‘22 model.

On the other hand I’m selling my current Acura RDX to my mother-in-law and she is excited and ready to buy it, lol. And after putting that amount as a downpayment the remaining monthly will “only” be $600/mo ish so $8000 is a bit more than the first year of payments. Or partial PPF/ceramic/2nd wheel set.

However, all I see on the road are freaking Model Y’s so if I get a text I’m just saying yes. The only way I say no is if the text comes AFTER the bill gets passed and I qualify for an $8000 credit. Then I think I need to just chill out for for what would feel like the longest 3.5 months ever. And go from ‘21 to ‘22 model year for sure.

First thing is that my DC is not a SC so they said it doesn’t matter if I look over the car first or accept delivery and then look it over. Everything will have to be a service appointment since they can’t fix it there anyway. Only option I had was to decline the car but it looked like it was in good enough shape to at least drive it off the lot.
1. There’s a scratch on the driver side mirror cap. Going to try to get it replaced.
2. There’s a weird defect/tear in the seal on the passenger side rear (little) window
3. Both doors on the driver side might need slight alignment. At least the back one does. But it’s very minor.
4. There was something sticking out between the headliner and the roof glass. Pulled on it slightly and it came out. It was just a piece of tape. Headliner is in place and looks good so I’m not worried about that one.
5. There was some glue residue on the front bumper from the protective film they put on the cars during shipping.

I have the red calipers too! (Since that was in question if they were still included)
Did you pick up at Colma?

Looks great! I have my delivery appointment set for Saturday. Can’t wait!