Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any recommendations for a winter set-up?
@gogogdget Yeah, I purchased a complete "take-off" set of Geminis from another member here (Wheels, tires, TPMS, Aerocovers). The LRs come with All Season M/S Continentals. I figured I will just stick with the 19s for this reason as well; hence my desire to sell the 21s (now listed on TMC, Offerup and CraigslistSeattle).

@DarthStar Interesting hypothesis. Perhaps the community here can check their cars and let us all know. Anyone with a MYP without the hitch, but has missing pins and scratches? Likewise, anyone with a hitch an no missing pins and scratches?

Edit:
As an aside, I have a hypothesis as well.... I noticed cars with the tow package seem to get VINs assigned that are about a week older than others just rolling out. For instance, MF269+ vins were rolling out at the time (9/15) my MF266 VIN was assigned to me (mfg date of 9/7, BTW). I'm thinking cars with the tow option are "kicked out" of the main assembly line into a branch line for the installation of this non main line equipment, then, back into the main line for completion. Anyone else with the tow package notice this VIN phenomenon? @DarthStar
No tow with scratches on the splash guard and 2 pins missing. They are both the second from the last hole on either side just like everyone else so I’m pretty sure it’s intentional.
Those with scratches underneath seem to be around the same spot too. I’m thinking it’s a chain or ratchet when they anchor it to the car mover.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Got bumped this morning to 9/25-9/30., still in September. Talked to the guy at the Tesla showroom yesterday. ”It will be busy for the last week of the month, only two will stay at the showroom, everyone else will help out for delivery.

First update.... Front date moved from the 22nd to the 20th. No VIN

OD/Profile 8/29, EDD now 9/20-9/30 MYP Blue/Black, No Tow, No
Still holding 9/18-30 but been consistently getting pushed 2 days back on the day after I enter EDD. Seems like they are really gearing up for that final push. Fingers crossed we all get our cars!
Yeah mine just pushed back two days to 9/20-9/30 also. It does seem to be them ramping for a EOQ push.

No tow with scratches on the splash guard and 2 pins missing. They are both the second from the last hole on either side just like everyone else so I’m pretty sure it’s intentional.
Those with scratches underneath seem to be around the same spot too. I’m thinking it’s a chain or ratchet when they anchor it to the car mover.
Wow, just saw this thread, thought I was just unlucky.. the scratches underneath and missing bolts plus one push pin on my MYP. Like in the picture but both side. I booked a service appointment but will likely just fix myself, obviously some poor QC at delivery

Attachments

• IMG_0953.jpeg
    IMG_0953.jpeg
    333 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: DarthStar
Another EDD push - Sept 21-30. Still no VIN.

No response from Tesla after I responded to September VIN text. I called them on Thursday and the guy said he thinks it’ll be delivered this month.

I’m actually not in a rush to get a car anymore and don’t want to risk rush QC jobs - any advantage in asking them to delay to Oct? Do we know for sure they’ll all be 2022 builds?

Wow, just saw this thread, thought I was just unlucky.. the scratches underneath and missing bolts plus one push pin on my MYP. Like in the picture but both side. I booked a service appointment but will likely just fix myself, obviously some poor QC at delivery
I'm wondering if this is a case where the push pins pop out when whatever causes the scrapes comes into contact with the plastic undercover?