Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what happened to model Y Firmware updates? I still have not received version.24, the one bringing Disney+ to the entertainment section and hanging the car wash feature... I thought this is now or for almost a couple month.
Ya same issue for me. My other Teslas have it already. I figured the delivery center would have loaded the must recent software since I just picked it up today.

Reactions: TheSackLakeKid
Following up again. Excellent experience with this service center. Got a call from the manager today explaining the situation further and expressing gratitude with understanding of the situation. We’re all good and waiting for next car to be shipped. First class given the situation. Great communication
@janjablonski Glad to hear it! Mine arrived today and I “should” pick it up tomorrow! Now, I just need to sell the 21” Uberturbines!

Reactions: janjablonski
Anyone know what happened to model Y Firmware updates? I still have not received version.24, the one bringing Disney+ to the entertainment section and hanging the car wash feature... I thought this is now or for almost a couple month.
These “Vision only” cars are way behind the rest of the fleet. It’s like they are catering to the delivered fleet configuration that’s the largest. I think these cars are still all running week 4 2021 software. Pretty lame. They should have left radar in until they had everything ready to support Vision only. Kind of a sham, if you as me (I know, you didn’t ask me…).

These “Vision only” cars are way behind the rest of the fleet. It’s like they are catering to the delivered fleet configuration that’s the largest. I think these cars are still all running week 4 2021 software. Pretty lame. They should have left radar in until they had everything ready to support Vision only. Kind of a sham, if you as me (I know, you didn’t ask me…).
Ya I definitely would have preferred a radar car over vision. I hate being a beta tester for this.

Received this message from Tesla regarding the missing clips on the rear underbody plastic piece:

View attachment 710760
"Some of the holes in the back trim are actually designed to be empty?" If that's the case, the tech who replaced mine had a training deficiency. He said it's a common issue "recently" and carries a bunch in the tool kit to replace them.

Now I'm wondering if I should pull them out. 🙄

• Funny
Reactions: calcal and jebinc
On an unrelated note to any service inqueries, the car is amazingly fun and is on par with my dad’s 2017 911 for raw acceleration - I’m dreading my inevitable speeding ticket. Our other car is a Toyota Sienna and we traded in a Toyota Highlander, which I believe are both over 7 second 0-60 mph - it’s an unbelievable change! Hang in there for all of you waiting for your MYPs - it’s super worth the wait!
I have the same expectation for future tickets. I haven't had any since I sold my last motorcycle 5 years ago. Using Waze actually saved my butt several times in my Mazda with its police alerts. I wish the Tesla Nav had that functionality.

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
What advantage do you think the wall charger provides? From what I have seen and per the electrician I use who is a tesla owner he said the added price does not justify the minimal increase in charging speed from a 50amp 220V outlet.
I am going with the Wall Connector only because I have to install it outside (old house, no garage) and don’t want to risk having the included charger stolen or have to put it in the car when it’s filthy from being out in the elements. If I had a garage, I would have installed an outlet.

I am going with the Wall Connector only because I have to install it outside (old house, no garage) and don’t want to risk having the included charger stolen or have to put it in the car when it’s filthy from being out in the elements. If I had a garage, I would have installed an outlet.
This is logical.

I want to get a tesla charger when they offer V2H until then I'll pass

I had similar scratching underneath and was missing 3 fasteners. I just noticed we both have the tow package. I wonder if that's the common thread for the missing clips and scratches.
@DarthStar Interesting hypothesis. Perhaps the community here can check their cars and let us all know. Anyone with a MYP without the hitch, but has missing pins and scratches? Likewise, anyone with a hitch an no missing pins and scratches?

Edit:
As an aside, I have a hypothesis as well.... I noticed cars with the tow package seem to get VINs assigned that are about a week older than others just rolling out. For instance, MF269+ vins were rolling out at the time (9/15) my MF266 VIN was assigned to me (mfg date of 9/7, BTW). I'm thinking cars with the tow option are "kicked out" of the main assembly line into a branch line for the installation of this non main line equipment, then, back into the main line for completion. Anyone else with the tow package notice this VIN phenomenon? @DarthStar

Last edited:
Reactions: GoRun26