Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I figured I'd let you guys know of my minor heart attack moment today. I got an email notification on my watch just now that said it was from Tesla....

I had previously scheduled a mobile service visit for tomorrow for the MYLR that I just sold to Carmax last Friday. I had called them to cancel and apparently they didn't actually cancel it, the email was only a warning of tomorrow's service.

My heart rate has slowed again to a more normal (depressed) rate.

• Funny
Reactions: Jbapckfan
I know it'll get revamped, but under current laws can someone apply for the credit multiple times if they buy more than one car or is it just the first EV you buy? With my trade in and local credit, I'm thinking of taking delivery in November, putting a hold on another Y for the price lock, then if they make major changes and have a credit, trading mine in in a year or so. Right now, I should get the MYP for $50k or less between my local credits and trade in.

I sent an email to my SA this morning asking for any additional information to justify the delay. (Major refresh, castings, batteries, '22, etc.) He's been pretty helpful most of the time. I'll report back if I hear anything.
Here's my email:

"I wanted to check in regarding my Model Y. My EDD was pushed back again (now showing 10/26 to 11/23; order date 8/21.) Are you able to provide any insight as to what is happening? I'm following some forums online, and it seems like this is happening to everyone. I realize that Tesla is trying to get the vehicles out as soon as possible, but can you provide any information as to why there is a delay?

Is there a major refresh coming? Are we switching to the new batteries or the new castings? Are the cars coming from Texas now?

I'm just hoping for something to justify the extended delay. I greatly appreciate any information you can provide."

And the [generic] response:

"Delivery delays are happening across the board with auto manufactures due to supply chain constraints.

There are no official updates/timeline for Model Y upgrades yet, as of today they are coming from our Fremont plant in California.

Thank you for your support and patience, our Team is working on getting your Model Y ready ASAP.

Let me know if any further questions…."

Wake me up when October ends...

These are good points. It’s supposed to be in the 40s next weekend in Chicago, who knows what it’s going to be like when I finally get the car (no VIN yet, so best case I’m 2.5 weeks out if the VIN shows up this week). Having the mobile installer meet at the SC during pickup is a great idea though…I’ve used ASAP Tire (TireRack’s mobile installer for at home service) and they’ve been great. Just need to figure out how to get the wheels to the SC since I was planning to take an Uber.

Me too, I just picked up this set of gemini wheels but they on the stock continentals. I'll swap to winter tires once they wear out
I hope you have better luck on the continentals than I did. A particularly icy drive home one evening led to my unplanned purchase of blizzaks the next business morning. It's normal around here to have one side of the car on ice and the other on relatively dry pavement, the MYLR on continentals would pivot and spin like it was trying out for DWtS. I've driven for 20+yrs in MN winters and only had to buy winter tires for my manual Trans Am WS.6 which was on summer only performance tires. I've had FWD, RWD, and AWD, all be fine on all seasons. The LRMY was an accident waiting to happen on the factory tires. Maybe mine was worse than other due to alignment? I don't see as many people complain about it as I'd expect with how bad that car was. Can't wait to compare the MYP on the Blizzaks this winter

Reactions: gabesir
Tesla still has YEARS on other EVs with respect to charging infrastructure and autopilot capabilities. These things will keep them ahead of competition imo. Once and if other automakers decide to buy teslas technology with Elon saying he will license it out to make cars safer and better for “all” it will be a more attractive playing field.

Tesla charging stations however will continue to grow which still makes it an advantage.

Elon also stated they too have had issues with chip shortages and delays in materials for production just like every other automaker.

When ordering (myself in September) it said estimated delivery in November. Currently am bumped to 11/16-12/14 so we will see how close it will come in at. Anxiously waiting as are all but understand the production hurdles and demand. And hey, if I end up with a 2022 vin or any other unexpected surprises, I’ll take it.

FSD was ultimately the deciding factor for me ... yes, even if it is still in beta, even if I still have to carefully watch over it. BlueCruise and Supercruise are still years, perhaps a decade from where Tesla stands right now.

2023, maybe when FSD comes out of beta? 😂

To be fair, reviews are saying GM's normal Super Cruise is smoother than autopilot.

I’ve been lurking for a while, so I thought I’d finally join in on the fun.

Originally ordered a MYLR on 8/15 with an EDD of February 26 - March 26 (after it had disappeared for a month!). Decided to swap to MYP on 10/11 and now have an EDD of November 17 - December 15. We’ll see if it sticks but I’m not holding my breath based on what I’ve read on these forums. :)

Configuration: MYP, Red/black, FSD, no tow hitch. #teamred

Just found out one of my friends ordered a MYP on Monday after test driving. I asked about his EDD and he said online it said Jan-Feb! (Even though Tesla website when ordering still says December.) He asked his SA about it and was told "You should still get it in December, it goes back and fourth."

I laughed and said welcome to the wild ride. But damn Jan-Feb is ROUGH.

Today is the first date of my EDD window, but no VIN. Is it a good sign that I made it to the window with no push back?!
Not necessarily, I made it to 3 delivery windows last month and I won't likely even get the MYP this month. It usually updates 1-2 days into the window. Good luck with your delivery though!

Reactions: Luka816

Originally ordered a MYLR on 8/15 with an EDD of February 26 - March 26 (after it had disappeared for a month!). Decided to swap to MYP on 10/11 and now have an EDD of November 17 - December 15. We’ll see if it sticks but I’m not holding my breath based on what I’ve read on these forums. :)

🙌

Reactions: Starway2001

#teamred