Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ryan Shaw recently posted a video on YouTube discussing some of the expected features to be added to the Model Y in 2022. In addition to the 4680 cells, there are rumors of M3/MY getting air suspension (emphasis on rumors; images in firmware imply they are currently working on it but that's hardly confirmation given history) and precision headlights (seems somewhat distant but they have working models on display). There's also another rumor that the RWD MY will be back in production but that seems like even more of a pipe dream.

All of this is to say that I certainly hope the folks continuously getting extended EDD's eventually end up with some of these updates with deliveries before end of year. It's especially disheartening to see so much attention placed on September deliveries only to have the cycle reset with Q4. I'm sure there are tons of employees burnt out after this past month but as we all know too well, the uncertainty is a huge burden for buyers and is a terrible representation for the brand. I'm not really in a position to complain, but I've waited with many people in the forum going back to August and I can see the toll it takes.

Tesla still holds the advantage over everyone else in the EV space at the moment but I wouldn't blame anyone for jumping ship almost exclusively due to their buying experience. And considering the impending fleet of EV's expected to hit the market over the next year, it feels like Tesla is not taking the proper steps to maintain their position. Maybe it won't matter much in the long run but there are a lot of frustrated and even angry customers without cars right now...never a good look.

EDD got updated from 10/11-10/27 to 10/27-11/24.. This is ridiculous.

FYI I have a friend that works at the fremont facility, a little insight into what they have seen from a bigger perspective. Obviously they are very behind and backed up in all phases of production. From what they are seeing it is because through 2020 there were furloughs, for many departments, and many furloughed workers just never came back. So they have a high % of brand new employees still learning production roles. Couple that with high demand and you get this catastrophe. Many cars are getting bounced back at inspection because of issues, so for the lucky few that do receive delivery, make sure you go through your checklist thoroughly.
I appreciate the insight; however, it's tough to believe the delay is due to training. How'd they pump put sooo many vehicles for EOQ not knowing what they are doing? I can't find any deliveries happening right now. They've got to be making bigger changes (which very well may come with additional training as a result of said changes.)

I guess we will find out eventually.

I appreciate the insight; however, it's tough to believe the delay is due to training. How'd they pump put sooo many vehicles for EOQ not knowing what they are doing? I can't find any deliveries happening right now. They've got to be making bigger changes (which very well may come with additional training as a result of said changes.)

I guess we will find out eventually.
I agree. Tesla may be slightly worried about everyone canceling their order until the next big thing WITH a possible tax credit. Demand it so ridiculously high that they probably aren’t that concerned, but they have nothing to gain by telling us what is coming next or when it is coming. We’ll just wait and see. Interestingly my buddy and I ordered MYP’s 2 days apart and there were 22,000 orders between us.

Ryan Shaw recently posted a video on YouTube discussing some of the expected features to be added to the Model Y in 2022. In addition to the 4680 cells, there are rumors of M3/MY getting air suspension (emphasis on rumors; images in firmware imply they are currently working on it but that's hardly confirmation given history) and precision headlights (seems somewhat distant but they have working models on display). There's also another rumor that the RWD MY will be back in production but that seems like even more of a pipe dream.

All of this is to say that I certainly hope the folks continuously getting extended EDD's eventually end up with some of these updates with deliveries before end of year. It's especially disheartening to see so much attention placed on September deliveries only to have the cycle reset with Q4. I'm sure there are tons of employees burnt out after this past month but as we all know too well, the uncertainty is a huge burden for buyers and is a terrible representation for the brand. I'm not really in a position to complain, but I've waited with many people in the forum going back to August and I can see the toll it takes.

Tesla still holds the advantage over everyone else in the EV space at the moment but I wouldn't blame anyone for jumping ship almost exclusively due to their buying experience. And considering the impending fleet of EV's expected to hit the market over the next year, it feels like Tesla is not taking the proper steps to maintain their position. Maybe it won't matter much in the long run but there are a lot of frustrated and even angry customers without cars right now...never a good look.

Tesla still has YEARS on other EVs with respect to charging infrastructure and autopilot capabilities. These things will keep them ahead of competition imo. Once and if other automakers decide to buy teslas technology with Elon saying he will license it out to make cars safer and better for “all” it will be a more attractive playing field.

Tesla charging stations however will continue to grow which still makes it an advantage.

Elon also stated they too have had issues with chip shortages and delays in materials for production just like every other automaker.

When ordering (myself in September) it said estimated delivery in November. Currently am bumped to 11/16-12/14 so we will see how close it will come in at. Anxiously waiting as are all but understand the production hurdles and demand. And hey, if I end up with a 2022 vin or any other unexpected surprises, I’ll take it.

FSD was ultimately the deciding factor for me ... yes, even if it is still in beta, even if I still have to carefully watch over it. BlueCruise and Supercruise are still years, perhaps a decade from where Tesla stands right now.

Not to mention GM suspended selling vehicles with super cruise because they don’t have the chips for them until mid next year.

I too look forward to Teslas capabilities with FSD seeing demos and beta versions. Great having something to look forward to which will continually update and get better. For now, looking to a MYP delivery hopefully in the near future! And it being so damn fast. :)

MYP/Solid Black/White/Tow/FSD; OD: 7/30; EDD: 10/12-11/8.

I think they’re just building batches of MYLRs now based on other threads. Makes sense to prioritize lots of high margin at EOQ, and push out some of the lower margin cars at the beginning of the quarter.

You guys aren't using distill.io ?? I get an email every time there is a change to the page.
I actually learned about that a few weeks ago, not a programmer or anything, and tried to set it up. I clearly did something wrong because I’ve never gotten an email update after my EDD changed. I did do it all on mobile which is probably not the best way to do it. Hitting refresh is more exciting. I usually only do it when checking stocks or email or reading this forum. It’s never the only thing I’m checking.