Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm debating if I should order more things for the car or if I should wait. If this gets delayed into December, I might just put the car on hold until later next year (and hope for big improvements) and get an EV6 if it comes out in January. I ordered the performance to not wait 4 months for a car, it's already approaching 3 now.

Reactions: Starway2001
I'm debating if I should order more things for the car or if I should wait. If this gets delayed into December, I might just put the car on hold until later next year (and hope for big improvements) and get an EV6 if it comes out in January. I ordered the performance to not wait 4 months for a car, it's already approaching 3 now.
I’m frustrated too and approaching 2 months after being told 3-4 weeks. Doubt I could get anything comparable to a MYP before I’ll actually get mine so will just keep waiting and bitching about it. I’m not even being sarcastic, lol. These EDD’s are being controlled by drunk children.

I’m frustrated too and approaching 2 months after being told 3-4 weeks. Doubt I could get anything comparable to a MYP before I’ll actually get mine so will just keep waiting and bitching about it. I’m not even being sarcastic, lol. These EDD’s are being controlled by drunk children.
Haha, Kia is having some sort of unveiling event Wednesday, guessing for the EV6? If that's coming out January and it's going to be significantly cheaper with longer range, it'll be hard to pass up. If I can get the Tesla by mid/late November I'll stick with it for sure. I'll see what my SA says on Wednesday.

I look forward to this place being filled with excitement again, but I know I'm probably going to be let down tomorrow when I don't get any update and pushed the following day.
Yours is tomorrow and mine is Wednesday. I suspect neither of us will see a change the first day into the range, but the day after.

I’ll be keenly watching for your posts.

Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
Yours is tomorrow and mine is Wednesday. I suspect neither of us will see a change the first day into the range, but the day after.

I’ll be keenly watching for your posts.
My first day is Wednesday too. Very interested to see what happens. I thought I would have seen some type of movement by now but NOPE. Keeping my eyes on you both. 👀

My first day is Wednesday too. Very interested to see what happens. I thought I would have seen some type of movement by now but NOPE. Keeping my eyes on you both. 👀
I saw the recent VINs from last week as a sign of potential movement and got my hopes up I’d see a VIN sooner than posted. Nope. Surprise surprise. And then the Hertz news dropped today and I just threw up my arms. My wife, for the first one during all this, lost her *sugar*!

Agreed. My point was this is freaking Kia. Tesla needs to stay on their toes. If Kia can match their acceleration Tesla is about to lose that advantage.
It’s a fair thought. Competition is good for all consumers. Having said that, I have to assume the more mature and performance oriented OEMs can match the performance of Tesla cars in some form. While there’s obviously achieving scale that’s going to be challenging, I think it’s much more of a “should we” question. Objectively, Kia is not known for performance compared to the German cars, and their brand is both less mature and more forgiving to changes and adaptations. This is why I think the Koreans have an advantage in general - they can experiment and have less to lose when embracing EVs. Can the Germans match the performance? Probably. Will they, without beheading their performance-version ICE vehicles? Probably not. This is why everyone is focused on fleet transitions to EVs and also trying to be “known” for electric vehicles. My $0.02.

It’s a fair thought. Competition is good for all consumers. Having said that, I have to assume the more mature and performance oriented OEMs can match the performance of Tesla cars in some form. While there’s obviously achieving scale that’s going to be challenging, I think it’s much more of a “should we” question. Objectively, Kia is not known for performance compared to the German cars, and their brand is both less mature and more forgiving to changes and adaptations. This is why I think the Koreans have an advantage in general - they can experiment and have less to lose when embracing EVs. Can the Germans match the performance? Probably. Will they, without beheading their performance-version ICE vehicles? Probably not. This is why everyone is focused on fleet transitions to EVs and also trying to be “known” for electric vehicles. My $0.02.
After having leased two 5-series BMW’s that I enjoyed (2015, 2018) I would have a hard time deciding between a MYP and a fully-electric X3M, for example, assuming I liked the styling about the same. I’d assume the ride, interior, and quality would be better on the BMW, and I’d assume the tech/range/charging would be better on the Tesla. That would be tough all things being as equal as possible, including price.