Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since October feels twice as long as September (if that's even possible) I was looking through my texts with Tesla and came across this "golden oldy"...

Is it me or is anything lower than 98% or 99% meaningless as an assurance?

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 8.54.45 AM.png

First day in EDD for the 10th (11th?) time. No change yet. I expect something tomorrow.

@Starway2001 We live in the wrong state. We are destined for EOQ deliveries. The sooner we accept it, the less we will feel let down.
I just wish the SAs didn't mislead me when I ordered. "Oh, you're ordering in plenty of time for the September push. And besides you're in CA so you'll have "priority". And you've maxed out your configuration so you'll also get top priority. So, yeah, you and your family will be enjoying your ride in about a month." That's almost verbatim.

But you're absolutely right. I've been mentally preparing myself - will I get my car on or just before New Year's Eve.

Reactions: Viv1984
If SA's can only see what we see and can only provide shrugged shoulders to every inquiry.... why does Tesla even have SA's? They can't ask Fremont for clarification on builds. They can't escalate orders. They can't provide any meaningful information about drastic changes in EDDs. There's zero customer management. So why do they even have a sales department if that department is completely and utterly neutered?

Here's my last post for a while today... another golden oldie in anticipation of the inevitable push into November/December. This one is one those beautifully crafted non-answers that are both non-committal and also a deliberating misleading....

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 9.11.48 AM.png

If CA orders have to wait until tail end of December, I'm going to tell my SA that I'm out of town on vacation that last 2 weeks, especially if the tax credit passes. I've had 3 or 4 assured delivery windows and all of them would be passed by at that point. He knows I'm a teacher so I get those weeks off, as far as he knows I will be on vacation. People that put in LR orders when I put in the P order are getting vins before me. The main reason I went with the P was delivery time.

If CA orders have to wait until tail end of December, I'm going to tell my SA that I'm out of town on vacation that last 2 weeks, especially if the tax credit passes. I've had 3 or 4 assured delivery windows and all of them would be passed by at that point. He knows I'm a teacher so I get those weeks off, as far as he knows I will be on vacation. People that put in LR orders when I put in the P order are getting vins before me. The main reason I went with the P was delivery time.
Yeah it really sucks that we paid the perf tax and get nothing out of it

It's been very interesting watching this thread. I remember the days before EDDs. It was easier and simpler that way. Less for people to obsess over. You'll all get your vehicles by year end. I'm waiting along with you. Just chill...😂
It's not so much the waiting as it is that people ordering weeks/months after are getting their cars sooner or that I could have saved what... $7k? and got the LR in about the same time. If they were upfront about that, it might have impacted my decision.

It's not so much the waiting as it is that people ordering weeks/months after are getting their cars sooner or that I could have saved what... $7k? and got the LR in about the same time. If they were upfront about that, it might have impacted my decision.
This...

I also "maxed out" my build, minus tow and FSD. I didn't think that would significantly help me jump the line, but maybe it would incentivize Tesla to prioritize my build from a $$ standpoint.

At the time I ordered MYP, I think LR was "November" or "December." Who knows if that would have actually happened, or if I'll even get my MYP by then? Fortunately, I'm not necessarily mad, just a little let down. I'll be excited regardless of when it finally comes.

OD 10/24 Black/White - no tow - no FSD
Sitting on the 12/4-12/31 EDD currently. Fingers crossed it’s at least in December. Just sold my M3. Wonder if me paying cash this time around has anything to do with a possible quicker delivery?