Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holding steady at EDD 12/6-12/31 with OD of 10/16 and MYP upgrade of 10/20.

Keep stalling on my truck sale, but by end of this week we will be 1 car. Gonna ride the holidays and flexible work arrangements to make it through the wait.

Need to start thinking of tires (Midwest - St Louis) and other accessories and get them ordered. Charger is still in from first Model 3 and now used on wife’s Jeep 4xE. Plan to share since she only uses 2.5 hrs from 0-100%.

My coworker also got their MYP VIN, in Austin too. She was going to delay delivery in hopes of the build back better plan going thru. But the SA told her he was going to cancel her order with no refund (250 order fee), They are not placing orders on hold, once you get a VIN. Im taking delivery now, dont care much about the rebate. I was kinda surprised they wouldnt hold it for her.

Tow or no Tow?

My coworker also got their MYP VIN, in Austin too. She was going to delay delivery in hopes of the build back better plan going thru. But the SA told her he was going to cancel her order with no refund (250 order fee), They are not placing orders on hold, once you get a VIN. Im taking delivery now, dont care much about the rebate. I was kinda surprised they wouldnt hold it for her.
Oh damn. I better get a 2022 VIN. Imma be pissed if I've waited this long and get shafted on resale value.

Speaking of which, first day into my 9th EDD window. No VIN.

Reactions: Starway2001
Interesting. I texted with Tesla yesterday and they told me they couldn't put on hold UNTIL I had a VIN... just sent them another message and waiting for SA to call back. I have found Tesla Customer Service to be VERY poor. I reached out on Monday and stlll haven't received the promised call back.

Was expecting them to punish people trying to delay (vs giving them something discounted/cool to not delay) but wow.

I find it hard to believe this is policy. Maybe just a lazy SA, sounds like they didn’t want to do whatever is necessary to reassign the car.

There no bill finalized, and even if there was, Tesla wouldn’t need to implement something like this until closer to EOQ if at all.

Reactions: DarthStar
I ran the numbers, it doesn't make sense to wait for the tax bill for me even if it passes today. I just want my car already. Checked about 10 times since midnight, still no EDD change.
And for us we may get the SALT deduction back so that might take the pain out of missing the EV credit for some of us.

What is that? I know the CA and I get a local $4k, and I thought Edison gave something
During the tax "cut" in 2018 they capped our ability to deduct State and Local taxes (like property) from our Federal Tax. This was a f u way that they paid for the corporate tax cut, you know the "people" that got a real tax cut.

So long story short, if it passes, when we file our 2021 tax return, if you do have those deductions it might be a better way to offset your tax liability. EV tax credit would be cherry on top but practically you'll probably be rolling it into future years unless you positioned your tax liability already to maximize the credit

Reactions: Raindog and Viv1984