Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Come on folks. 4680 ain’t coming in in H1 for sure
Consensus from what I've read is they could come out as early as April/May. However, there are other reasons (which I've already outlined several times) to hold off, even if the 4680s are delayed further. Obviously not everyone agrees, some folks are happy to throw down $60-65k with no regard as to whether they'll be missing certain features - I'm not one of them. I think $250 is worth having an option between delivery dates that are 1-2 months apart.

Consensus from what I've read is they could come out as early as April/May. However, there are other reasons (which I've already outlined several times) to hold off, even if the 4680s are delayed further. Obviously not everyone agrees, some folks are happy to throw down $60-65k with no regard as to whether they'll be missing certain features - I'm not one of them. I think $250 is worth having an option between delivery dates that are 1-2 months apart.
$0.02 here, I think you can tie yourself in knots over the Next Big Thing that's just A Few Months Away (tm)... in perpetuity. I've watched family and friends do it with phones and tech, and this is no different. I personally refuse to get wrapped around the axle about future maybes when it comes to stuff like this.

How did you go about placing a 2nd order and getting a hold that far out? My current no-vin hold ends 3 January.
I haven't placed a second order yet, not enough time has passed since the first to where it actually makes sense. The first hold was given to me when I called a week after ordering - they guy said the max they could do was 90 days.... then he sounded surprised and told me he could do it til Feb 27th, which worked out to around 100 days.

I have no idea what will happen if I order a second identical car to place on hold - they may just laugh at me lol. I'm not going to do it for 2-4 weeks though... and if the price goes up by another $1k, I likely won't bother. Ideally, I'd be able to fenagle a new hold date of mid-April, but even I know that's unlikely.

To be clear I never said take your car asap no matter what. As a matter of fact I suggest people taking deliveries only when they need them—either as a transportation or a toy.

I’m just saying I don’t think it’s realistic to expect 4680 scales up in H1

To be clear I never said take your car asap no matter what. As a matter of fact I suggest people taking deliveries only when they need them—either as a transportation or a toy.

I’m just saying I don’t think it’s realistic to expect 4680 scales up in H1
That's fair, and I don't think it will scale up 'much' in H1. I'm also wondering if there might be a way to tell if a car was made in one location vs the other based on the VIN - don't know how those are assigned. I know there isn't a 'state specific VIN', but if the VINs are allocated in batches, then perhaps a certain group of VINs can be identified as having come from one production line or the other. And, like I said, I'm not in need of a vehicle now anyway.

Either way I'll be happy with the car, I'm just doing what I can before the price increases further so as to keep my options open when the delivery date draws near.

My order date for white MYP with white interior was 9/25/21.
My delivery estimate was 11/30/21 - 12/30/21

Today I woke up and new delivery estimate is 1/24/22 - 2/21/22.

I received a call early November asking if I was ready to take delivery. I said not until my delivery window. Told them I’ll be ready mid December which was within my original delivery estimate.

My order date for white MYP with white interior was 9/25/21.
My delivery estimate was 11/30/21 - 12/30/21

Today I woke up and new delivery estimate is 1/24/22 - 2/21/22.

I received a call early November asking if I was ready to take delivery. I said not until my delivery window. Told them I’ll be ready mid December which was within my original delivery estimate.
Not saying this is accurate, but I'd bet you got shoved to the back of the line, like you ordered when you declined the first delivery.

I stalk the inventory page more often than my own order page. I’ve noticed for a few days they are only showing 2 2021 model 3’s available. I guess no one wants a red 2021 demo.
About a week ago they had a few model YP available, but nothing to jump on instead of waiting.

Got my NYP today. Seamless experience, good quality car. The only issue was the roof lining where it meets the trunk, was hanging off a little bit. They’ll fix it at the SC later. Good luck everybody! It’s worth the wait :)
Congrats!

Did you just report issues within the app? I'm assuming delivery is still contact-less, so wondering how you report SC requests upon delivery.

He also confirmed that lots of people are inquiring about this very issue given the uncertain tax credit situation, and thinks Tesla may try to offer incentives (some free supercharging miles, premium connectivity, etc.) to try to speed product through for the end of the quarter. 🤷‍♂️
Curious what they could offer that would make it worth $8000 if you’re convinced the tax incentive will pass. My MYP EDD is 12/17-31, hoping to have a clearer idea by then.