Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mission complete!

After dropping my first Tesla love - white 2020 MYLR with 13k miles at Carmax for 61k$ (crazy right?) went straight to Tesla dealership to pick up this beauty. Looks even better at night, huh? ) VIN 309xxx - wireless charging and USBC ports are ok! Overall quality of assemble improved dramatically over 2020 (I had a 049xxx VIN on MYLR) but still noticed slightly misaligned frunk and damaged charging port cover, so submitted mobile service request.

Firs impressions:
- slightly faster than MYLR, but not very noticeable IMHO. (I don't drive faster than 80 mph and mostly care about initial punch)
- new console design is great.
- noise level inside much lower, those double glassed windows making a difference.
- ride is not that bumpy and very comparable to 20 inch induction wheels.
- MSM is so much better than white when clean :)

IMG-0757.jpg

Mission complete!

After dropping my first Tesla love - white 2020 MYLR with 13k miles at Carmax for 61k$ (crazy right?) went straight to Tesla dealership to pick up this beauty. Looks even better at night, huh? ) VIN 309xxx - wireless charging and USBC ports are ok! Overall quality of assemble improved dramatically over 2020 (I had a 049xxx VIN on MYLR) but still noticed slightly misaligned frunk and damaged charging port cover, so submitted mobile service request.

Firs impressions:
- slightly faster than MYLR, but not very noticeable IMHO. (I don't drive faster than 80 mph and mostly care about initial punch)
- noise level inside much lower, those double glassed windows making a difference.

View attachment 735506
Slightly? That's a P, right? It should be way, way faster.... 0-60 in 3.5 seconds should be very, very noticeable.

my street is narrow. Two cars cannot fit at the same time and my driveway is too short. I've lived on this street since 05, so I am pretty good at negotiaging narrow streets.
Oh OK, I lived in Daly City for 2 years, second year was in a house and the street was like that. I just parked at the apartment complex about a mile away (didn't help my car was stick)

Oh OK, I lived in Daly City for 2 years, second year was in a house and the street was like that. I just parked at the apartment complex about a mile away (didn't help my car was stick)
I almost lived in DC but someone offered more for the house I was trying to buy. It wasn't that far off away from Hickey Blvd. Not sure if you are remember the streets or not. A mile away is far but I've done as well. It was for a motorcycle.

Reactions: Viv1984
Mission complete!

Firs impressions:

View attachment 735506

Beauty! I got the same spec.

I almost lived in DC but someone offered more for the house I was trying to buy. It wasn't that far off away from Hickey Blvd. Not sure if you are remember the streets or not. A mile away is far but I've done as well. It was for a motorcycle.
I was out there for grad school over 10 years ago, so I don't really remember the area (been meaning to go back to SF, but just never have).

Mission complete!

Firs impressions:

View attachment 735506

Very nice!

dumb question, how do you submit a mobile request? I saw the service selection in the app and it pointed me to service centers.

I did not click on the “accept Tesla vision and proceed” button. I am looking for advice on how to receive the vehicle after January 1. Thanks advance for your advice.

Attachments

• 6E451107-9F45-48DC-B8AB-82117353674F.jpeg
    6E451107-9F45-48DC-B8AB-82117353674F.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
MYP OD 11/5. Placed on hold 11/12, release date 2/27/22.

MYP OD 11/? to 12/?. May place a second order in the next two to three weeks, while price is only $1k more, then wait 3-4 weeks and put on max hold.

Next, see what the new hold release date is (for order two). Wait to see what updates are being rolled out in February/March (e.g 4680, upgraded x, y, and z, etc)... if no sign of a reason to wait, accept delivery in March (hopefully). If there is a reason to wait, cancel the first order and wait out the second
do you ever want the car? But the time you take delivery, whenever that may be, a newer version will already be around the corner

• Funny
Reactions: BigDanSRQ
do you ever want the car? But the time you take delivery, whenever that may be, a newer version will already be around the corner
Of course, but what you're saying isn't true. The 4680 isn't your average newer version, it includes making fundamental changes to the car. Worth waiting a year or two for? No. A few months? Yes.

Also, I'm teleworking now, so I don't even need a car, my Tesla is 100% my fun car and will only serve to keep miles off the wife's car - every month I don't purchase is another month towards my down-payment or buying some mods... which I've already got a nice collection of now lol.

MYP OD 11/5. Placed on hold 11/12, release date 2/27/22.

MYP OD 11/? to 12/?. May place a second order in the next two to three weeks, while price is only $1k more, then wait 3-4 weeks and put on max hold.

Next, see what the new hold release date is (for order two). Wait to see what updates are being rolled out in February/March (e.g 4680, upgraded x, y, and z, etc)... if no sign of a reason to wait, accept delivery in March (hopefully). If there is a reason to wait, cancel the first order and wait out the second
Ok...

Nice! Where did you go for grad school? I attempted grad school for a MBA but it just wasn't for me.
I went to SFSU, they were one of the only schools that offered my major at the time (Industrial and Organizational Psychology)

I did an MBA program a few years later, the online program seemed easier if it's something you want to do. No classes to attend so you work on your own time, you just have due dates.

ait to see what updates are being rolled out in February/March (e.g 4680, upgraded x, y, and z, etc)... if no sign of a reason to wait, accept delivery in March (hopefully). If there is a reason to w

Of course, but what you're saying isn't true. The 4680 isn't your average newer version, it includes making fundamental changes to the car. Worth waiting a year or two for? No. A few months? Yes.

Also, I'm teleworking now, so I don't even need a car, my Tesla is 100% my fun car and will only serve to keep miles off the wife's car - every month I don't purchase is another month towards my down-payment or buying some mods... which I've already got a nice collection of now lol.

When are the MYP expected to start receiving the 4680? I see some reporting saying early 2022 Texas will start manufacturing the "new" Y....I guess...how do we get more fidelity on that?

Last edited: