Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question - Does anyone here have an account with DCU who could make a referral for me? I need to have my car delivered and since we're in a state that Tesla can't sell in I need to arrange my own financing. Please hit me with a private message if anyone can help out. Thanks!

Someone’s ears were burning. It begins…

448FDBAF-639C-4DA3-B9C1-30962754553B.jpeg

Probably lives in a state where it is illegal for Tesla to sell cars. It is really ironic that Telsa moved to Texas where it is illegal for them to sell cars. They can build them there, but if you want to buy one you have to pick it up in a different state.
Completely false information. Get your facts straight before spreading jibberish. You still pick up your Tesla from the SC, just pay the taxes and plates at the county tax office.

Elon moved Tesla HQ to TX because he’s not an idiot. There are several advantages for the move.

Reactions: NHK X
Completely false information. Get your facts straight before spreading jibberish. You still pick up your Tesla from the SC, just pay the taxes and plates at the county tax office.

Elon moved Tesla HQ to TX because he’s not an idiot. There are several advantages for the move.
Slightly ironic that a major EV manufacturer is now HQ'd in a state with the weakest electrical grid in the nation. Texas did positively nothing about our grid since February (and wasn't required to because of our dumb legislators) so if we have a repeat of Feb, we're just as screwed if not more.

My EDD tightened today to a 12-day window, interestingly without a VIN, within the next 14 days.

Was 12/8-12/31, now 12/5-12/17.

Excited!.... but I'm going to a destination wedding 12/5-12/10, then out of town for work 12/13-12/17. That leaves me the 11th and 12th free. lol Oh, how these dealt cards keep getting more fun.
Mine just updated too! Originally 12/2-12/31 now it's 12/5-12/18 :) hope this window doesn't change.

Obviously, I understand the supply chain constraints, but if I have know I was looking at February, possibly March - I probably would have kept the Audi for a bit longer.
Yeah, totally get that. Thankfully, we can share my wife’s car temporarily, but it is undoubtedly inconvenient. I was presented an offer I couldn’t pass up on the Audi, so I went for it.
Makes sense. I rolled the dice and sold my 2021 MYP because I also got an offer I couldn't refuse.
I was hoping for the same, they aren’t making it easy to plan for that though.

I knew delivery of our MYP and Plaid was a roll of the device. I got decent offers on both our S and X and took them in early October. No regrets. Well….maybe.

Driving rotating ICE rentals until one of them gets delivered. Appreciating our Teslas more and more every day. Today I walked away from the rental without turning it off. PITA.

Quick question - Does anyone here have an account with DCU who could make a referral for me? I need to have my car delivered and since we're in a state that Tesla can't sell in I need to arrange my own financing. Please hit me with a private message if anyone can help out. Thanks!

Don’t need a referral. Pony up $10 for one of the charity options and you’re in.

Question, how do you know if it's a 2022 VIN? does it say that when you get your VIN? Does that mean it has the new AMD Ryzen? Thanks

Instead of MF in the VIN it will be NF. At least until one of the other Y factories comes online. Ryzen? No clue how to check prior to delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Montucky and SMR514
I do miss the exhaust - it was full aftermarket from AWE and sounded amazing.

Just a little irritated as Tesla hasn’t provided any solid reason why my EDD was pushed back. Obviously, I understand the supply chain constraints, but if I have know I was looking at February, possibly March - I probably would have kept the Audi for a bit longer.
The one thing that should give you solace is trade in prices seem to be dropping substantially since last month. I'm sure it varies by model and buying franchise, but I sold my 2018 Model 3 to givemethevin last month for $47k. At the time, Carvana was offering $42k. I ran my VIN through Caravana again yesterday for kicks, and it came back as $34k. I also googled my VIN and found my car on a 3rd party lot for $44k ($3k less than what I sold it for).

Point being, you're definitely dealing with inconvenience now, but you are probably in a better situation by at least a few thousand dollars by selling last month.

The one thing that should give you solace is trade in prices seem to be dropping substantially since last month. I'm sure it varies by model and buying franchise, but I sold my 2018 Model 3 to givemethevin last month for $47k. At the time, Carvana was offering $42k. I ran my VIN through Caravana again yesterday for kicks, and it came back as $34k. I also googled my VIN and found my car on a 3rd party lot for $44k ($3k less than what I sold it for).

Point being, you're definitely dealing with inconvenience now, but you are probably in a better situation by at least a few thousand dollars by selling last month.
Oh noooooooooo, This is something I was really worried about.