Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after the long wait my end is almost here. Been waiting for the call to schedule for pick up. I get an email from my local tesla store asking if i was really going to pay everything off instead of finance. I thought that it was a weird email. Anyone get emails confirming payments? The edd is dec 18 to 22.

My pickup will also be in Burbank.
OD 11/11 MYP BLACK ON BLACK TOW FSD
EDD 12/20-12/31
Then 12/27-12/31
Today woke up to 12/12-12/23
NO VIN though
Also a Burbank pickup. My EDD is still hanging tough at 12/28-12/31, no VIN yet. I'm vacillating between "I'll get a VIN any day now!" and "I'll plan for January at best"... as long as I'm taking delivery by like 10 Feb then I'm good on my financing without having to renew, so there's that.

New to the forums here, but have a MYP MSM/White/Tow on order. I had originally ordered a MYLR on 11/4, but decided to re-order a MYP to get it earlier. New OD (for MYP) was 12/4. Original EDD was "February" then the next day it switched to "February 7-March 7" then today it switched to "January 24-Feb 21". It's getting closer! Hoping for Michelin A/S, which seems likely due to my later order. I'm in Raleigh, NC.

This is my first Tesla, so unfamiliar with the payment process. I was told by the SA to select Cash as my payment, and that they could switch it later to finance. When should I do that? After I receive my VIN? Thanks for all your help!

New to the forums here, but have a MYP MSM/White/Tow on order. I had originally ordered a MYLR on 11/4, but decided to re-order a MYP to get it earlier. New OD (for MYP) was 12/4. Original EDD was "February" then the next day it switched to "February 7-March 7" then today it switched to "January 24-Feb 21". It's getting closer! Hoping for Michelin A/S, which seems likely due to my later order. I'm in Raleigh, NC.

This is my first Tesla, so unfamiliar with the payment process. I was told by the SA to select Cash as my payment, and that they could switch it later to finance. When should I do that? After I receive my VIN? Thanks for all your help!
It's pretty straightforward. You will get notifications on your app for next steps. For me, they reached out to me to see if I wanted to change the option to loan or keep it cash. Asked them to change it to loan, then you can play around with numbers in your app. (Such as monthly payment/down payment)
It's nothing like buying a car at a dealership for sure. Not much to worry about or have that weird feeling you are getting ripped off somehow.
The app will show you the detail costs on the build you made, and all the final fees.
My first YLR I applied for the loan few weeks before my delivery window, but the car was pushed back, and the loan had expired.
This time, I waited for the VIN to apply for the loan. But I think the loan is good for 60 days or so now, it was 30 days in the past (I could be wrong)

Reactions: Corndart
It's pretty straightforward. You will get notifications on your app for next steps. For me, they reached out to me to see if I wanted to change the option to loan or keep it cash. Asked them to change it to loan, then you can play around with numbers in your app. (Such as monthly payment/down payment)
It's nothing like buying a car at a dealership for sure. Not much to worry about or have that weird feeling you are getting ripped off somehow.
The app will show you the detail costs on the build you made, and all the final fees.
My first YLR I applied for the loan few weeks before my delivery window, but the car was pushed back, and the loan had expired.
This time, I waited for the VIN to apply for the loan. But I think the loan is good for 60 days or so now, it was 30 days in the past (I could be wrong)
Awesome, thanks! Sounds like I should just wait for the VIN, that way I'm locked in on loan and rate.

Yeah don't run any hard pulls on your credit until after you get the VIN. As loan requests are only valid for ~30 days depending on your provider.

Reactions: backlash224

Yep - it'll bounce around based on anecdote of one (me), and several reports here of the same experience.

Ditto on payment - once you have a VIN and move to next steps, my understanding is you can get Tesla financing. I'm also planning on doing the same thing, then converting it to DCU refi for the lower interest rate. Not really sure if you can hitup an SA and re-introduce a financing option, in advance of the VIN, but if you're so inclined and want to report back, I'd be interested.

Yep - it'll bounce around based on anecdote of one (me), and several reports here of the same experience.

Ditto on payment - once you have a VIN and move to next steps, my understanding is you can get Tesla financing. I'm also planning on doing the same thing, then converting it to DCU refi for the lower interest rate. Not really sure if you can hitup an SA and re-introduce a financing option, in advance of the VIN, but if you're so inclined and want to report back, I'd be interested.
I don't have a VIN yet, and at order I had it set to Cash. Tesla texted me a bit later, asking if I was really paying cash or if I was going to use third-party financing. I told them I was using third-party financing and they updated my account with the financed amount, down payment amount, etc. All this to say I imagine you could call them and change it if you feel like it - but there doesn't seem to be a reason to do it until you're close to delivery.

Reactions: Corndart
I don't have a VIN yet, and at order I had it set to Cash. Tesla texted me a bit later, asking if I was really paying cash or if I was going to use third-party financing. I told them I was using third-party financing and they updated my account with the financed amount, down payment amount, etc. All this to say I imagine you could call them and change it if you feel like it - but there doesn't seem to be a reason to do it until you're close to delivery.
I had Tesla approved financing until I received my VIN then I told them I was going with USAA for a lower rate and they changed it with no issues.