Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgive me if there is a better forum to post this in, but I have a 2 part question regarding financing and was hoping to get this group's thoughts:

1. Tesla's site shows 2.49% if you use Tesla financing. The default is $4500 down. Does anyone know if this means the minimum is $4500 down to get the 2.49% (of course, based on credit and such).

2. If you go with DCU, do they have a minimum down payment and/or a maximum loan-to-value? The credit union I currently bank with has a special offer interest rate of 1.79%, but you have to have a maximum loan to value of 80% (so 20% down).

I'm trying to decide what my best course of action is. I have the ability to do a bigger down payment, but might stick with minimums to use the money elsewhere. Appreciate the help!

Forgive me if there is a better forum to post this in, but I have a 2 part question regarding financing and was hoping to get this group's thoughts:

1. Tesla's site shows 2.49% if you use Tesla financing. The default is $4500 down. Does anyone know if this means the minimum is $4500 down to get the 2.49% (of course, based on credit and such).

2. If you go with DCU, do they have a minimum down payment and/or a maximum loan-to-value? The credit union I currently bank with has a special offer interest rate of 1.79%, but you have to have a maximum loan to value of 80% (so 20% down).

I'm trying to decide what my best course of action is. I have the ability to do a bigger down payment, but might stick with minimums to use the money elsewhere. Appreciate the help!
Tesla's standard inputs are a little misleading. It seems auto rates are rising, i think anyone would be lucky to get 2.49 at 72 months. I would suggest bringing your own financing especially with that rate. Tesla is going to farm out your loan to their preferred creditor where they get kick backs like any dealership.

I'm not sure what the minimum is, but there is a minimum. I think the intent is to at least cover the taxes and other fee's so you are, at most, financing only the purchase price of the car. When you go through the load process with Tesla there is a slider and the option to change that. From that I would think you could determine if $4500 is the absolute lowest they will accept.

What flaps and ppf are you referring to?
Mud flaps on front tires and PPF on rear doors in front of the rear tires. MYPs tend to kick up a lot of debris from the road and sandblast the area in front of the rear wheels. Tesla started adding front mud flaps and/or PPF in that area in winter weather areas. It’s a bit random and you can get a mix of one or the other or both or none in the same market. Happy to be getting both.

Mud flaps on front tires and PPF on rear doors in front of the rear tires. MYPs tend to kick up a lot of debris from the road and sandblast the area in front of the rear wheels. Tesla started adding front mud flaps and/or PPF in that area in winter weather areas. It’s a bit random and you can get a mix of one or the other or both or none in the same market. Happy to be getting both.
Oh didn’t know that! But sounds doubtful they do that for Southern California cars…