Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgive me if there is a better forum to post this in, but I have a 2 part question regarding financing and was hoping to get this group's thoughts:

1. Tesla's site shows 2.49% if you use Tesla financing. The default is $4500 down. Does anyone know if this means the minimum is $4500 down to get the 2.49% (of course, based on credit and such).

2. If you go with DCU, do they have a minimum down payment and/or a maximum loan-to-value? The credit union I currently bank with has a special offer interest rate of 1.79%, but you have to have a maximum loan to value of 80% (so 20% down).

I'm trying to decide what my best course of action is. I have the ability to do a bigger down payment, but might stick with minimums to use the money elsewhere. Appreciate the help!
I don't even want to look at the rates in Canada right now. December when I expected the car, the rates were decent. Now with an interest hike potentially coming this Wednesday, things are getting close to 4% here, brutal. Always had 0% on our previous BMW's.

Ordered MYLR 8/29
Upgraded to MYP MSM 11/5 bc LR edd pushed to May2022
VIN issued 12/5
BBB hold in till 1/3
VIN issued 1/19 366xxx
Asked to schedule delivery 1/22
Schedule to pick up 1/31
Now just waiting for DCU to process membership. Approved for 1.99 before .5 ev discount and .25 account relationship discount.
Live in Baltimore area.

Forgive me if there is a better forum to post this in, but I have a 2 part question regarding financing and was hoping to get this group's thoughts:

1. Tesla's site shows 2.49% if you use Tesla financing. The default is $4500 down. Does anyone know if this means the minimum is $4500 down to get the 2.49% (of course, based on credit and such).

2. If you go with DCU, do they have a minimum down payment and/or a maximum loan-to-value? The credit union I currently bank with has a special offer interest rate of 1.79%, but you have to have a maximum loan to value of 80% (so 20% down).

I'm trying to decide what my best course of action is. I have the ability to do a bigger down payment, but might stick with minimums to use the money elsewhere. Appreciate the help!
Not sure about the downpayment question, but with DCU you’re looking at potentially 1.24 rate. 1.99 base 65 mo minus .5 ev discount minus .25 if you direct deposit from payroll.