Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oof. Sorry to hear that. I won't be surprised to see my EDD do the same today.

If I get pushed back into March+, I'm of a mind to cancel. This is a nice-to-have purchase for me, not a need-to-have, so if it's going to be an indeterminate wait then I'll look in another direction.
Theres a chance they could push you to March. And make you part of the EOQ rush since your closer to Fremont. I think EDD updates 2nd day after your in it.

Theres a chance they could push you to March. And make you part of the EOQ rush since your closer to Fremont. I think EDD updates 2nd day after your in it.
Yes, 2nd day after start has been the trend for me. I'm tired of the opaque ****-**** games with EDD and EOQ rushes and etc. It's become almost as stupid as the BS traditional dealerships pull.

Reactions: backlash224
So while I've been waiting, I reached out to a local shop that does PPF. They quoted me $1899 + tax for front end PPF (hood, fenders, bumper, headlights, and mirrors), and $4900 + tax for a full wrap (all painted surfaces). Does this seem reasonable? Would you do just the front end? Whole car? Nothing at all? Would love to get this group's opinion. For context, I have a lot of road construction going on near my house and both mine and my wife's current cars are very chipped up on the front. Would hate for that to happen to my new MYP!

So while I've been waiting, I reached out to a local shop that does PPF. They quoted me $1899 + tax for front end PPF (hood, fenders, bumper, headlights, and mirrors), and $4900 + tax for a full wrap (all painted surfaces). Does this seem reasonable? Would you do just the front end? Whole car? Nothing at all? Would love to get this group's opinion. For context, I have a lot of road construction going on near my house and both mine and my wife's current cars are very chipped up on the front. Would hate for that to happen to my new MYP!

My wife has a M3 and didn't have PPF on the front. After over a year of driving, the bumper has a fair number of pits and chips. I think at a minimum, PPF on the front bumper is a good move if you live in an area with winter conditions or sand on the road. I ordered pre-cut PPF from NorthTints, and applied it to the bumper on our M3. Took the better part of an afternoon, but it was a few hundred dollars. I also ordered the full front kit for my MYP (hood, fenders, bumper, etc.) and plan to install that once I get the car. That kit was like $500. Again, cost was a lot less than paying someone else to do it, but I expect that's going to take a whole weekend to get on there. Just want to lay out some options for you. It's not a slam dunk DIY, but it's also not that difficult if you're patient and careful.

Reactions: MYandCT2021
Some say do what you’ve done on your previous cars. The paint on Tesla I have heard has improved. At most, I’m going to do partial front end, bumper and partial hood. Those costs seem reasonable but not if it is USD, as I’ve had those quotes in Canada.

My wife has a M3 and didn't have PPF on the front. After over a year of driving, the bumper has a fair number of pits and chips. I think at a minimum, PPF on the front bumper is a good move if you live in an area with winter conditions or sand on the road. I ordered pre-cut PPF from NorthTints, and applied it to the bumper on our M3. Took the better part of an afternoon, but it was a few hundred dollars. I also ordered the full front kit for my MYP (hood, fenders, bumper, etc.) and plan to install that once I get the car. That kit was like $500. Again, cost was a lot less than paying someone else to do it, but I expect that's going to take a whole weekend to get on there. Just want to lay out some options for you. It's not a slam dunk DIY, but it's also not that difficult if you're patient and careful.
Do update us on the final result. Good luck!

I accepted delivery and scheduled a service appointment for some small but really annoying problems such as a scratched rear taillight, a misaligned door and hatch and a paint chip. As well as two punctures on a door panel. The car was/is filthy with dust and fingerprints all over the inside on the headliner and seats I also noticed a few smudges on the glass under the camera housing as well as some dust/debris in it. Disappointing for a $70K vehicle. Yes, it has an AMD…
80DDD197-3351-42EE-B30C-DB2B2B9E276F.jpeg