Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a dumb question. I believe you can now have separate accounts and just allow access to the vehicle through the secondary account.

That said, my wife and I just share one for convenience.

My wife and I also just log in to both phones with my account.
So then how does the car know it is you driving vs her? I believe you can have different settings for each driver so if you are using the same account on your phone wouldn’t the car think the same person is getting in?

Dumb question and I know this isn’t the thread for it but…..if my wife and I are both using the car Do we each have a different Tesla app sign in or do we use the same one on both of our phones.
You can do either.

The easiest way is for you to share one login, but its not required to do it that way. You can each have a separate tesla account and whomever is the "main" account would add the other one as a secondary driver.

I did a write up on this topic in the model 3 subforum, and had it stickied. Tesla changed the workflow though (you now add users through the app) so I unstickied it, but the underlying thought processes is still good.

So then how does the car know it is you driving vs her? I believe you can have different settings for each driver so if you are using the same account on your phone wouldn’t the car think the same person is getting in?

They would be different keys (phone as key feature is tied to a key, and you can tie a key to a profile in the car. That said, its not seemless. Im 6'2 and my wife is 5'5, and sometimes the car chooses her settings and starts trying to crunch me with her settings, lol

• Funny
Reactions: goin2drt
If I Hold my MYP delivery which is supposed to be next week, what happens at this point? It’s the first time I put a reservation on Hold.

I don’t see a VIN, but when I look at the app it says Delivery Estimate 2/11-2/17? Huh….??

I released the Hold yesterday. Typically does the 6 day EDD mean I’ll get a vin soon?

Libertyville, IL Tesla location

Last edited:
Were you assigned a VIN before you placed it on hold? May I ask why and when you placed on it on hold the first time?
I am working with a dealership who is buying our MYLR and there were issues with the deal so I placed it on Hold. I released the Hold later on that evening.

I was assigned a vin yes as delivery was set for next week already and I completed the tasks except for payment.

I am working with a dealership who is buying our MYLR and there were issues with the deal so I placed it on Hold. I released the Hold later on that evening.
If you placed it and released it that quickly, it is likely that it will not affect your place in line. I remember my SA told me that my place in line would not be affected for a short hold. If your EDD is still staying solid, you are likely to get assigned a VIN soon.

If you want peace of mind, you can call the Service Center where you are scheduled to pick it up, with an EDD that soon, they should be able to tell you when you are scheduled to be assigned a VIN. At least that was my experience with our MYP, they told me we are scheduled to be matched with a VIN the following week and boom we got assigned a VIN two days later on a Saturday night.

If you placed it and released it that quickly, it is likely that it will not affect your place in line. I remember my SA told me that my place in line would not be affected for a short hold. If your EDD is still staying solid, you are likely to get assigned a VIN soon.

If you want peace of mind, you can call the Service Center where you are scheduled to pick it up, with an EDD that soon, they should be able to tell you when you are scheduled to be assigned a VIN. At least that was my experience with our MYP, they told me we are scheduled to be matched with a VIN the following week and boom we got assigned a VIN two days later on a Saturday night.
I called the SA today and he said all he can do is call the person who it was matched to basically to find out if they are wanting to move forward with it or not as they haven’t replied yet.

He didn’t seem too optimistic about receiving a vin soon. I asked then how is it possible that the app is still stuck on a 6 day EDD with no vin?

I called the SA today and he said all he can do is call the person who it was matched to basically to find out if they are wanting to move forward with it or not as they haven’t replied yet.

He didn’t seem too optimistic about receiving a vin soon. I asked then how is it possible that the app is still stuck on a 6 day EDD with no vin?
OH I see, so you were assigned a VIN and then released. That changes it a little bit, not sure how long you'll have to wait but generally speaking, people who release a VIN get reassigned one sooner than those placing a new order the same day.